What we offer
for Auto Suppliers is a professional sales position that is responsible for providing sales support for our Cleaners and Lubricants business in the Southeast region. The Account Manager effectively interfaces regularly with all levels of Henkel and customer organizations, requiring exceptional communication skills. The Auto Supplier business strategy is based on a value added approach to the market. Account Managers are responsible for supporting and developing sales by researching and resolving customer problems, recommending modifications to the product, development of new products, and coordinating sales negotiations with appropriate regional personnel.
This role will report directly to the Regional Manager for Auto Suppliers, but have a strong dotted line to the Cleaners and Lubricants platform Director.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer
- Successfully support accounts resulting in year-on-year growth in sales and profitability commensurate with the overall strategic directives of the business with focus on providing technical sales support and saturating business potential within accounts.
- A minimum of 40-60% travel would be required.
- Formulation and execution of a regularly updated written account strategies and forecast. In order to achieve this, the incumbent must continuously assess the state of the market, including the need for new technologies, changes in market direction, our competitors intentions, Henkel's strengths and weaknesses and the validity of our assumptions, including market size in various accounts, growth projections, account needs, and our share of the market.
- Responsible for timely and accurate administrative tasks supporting the account strategy including qualification and implementation of products to customer requirements, forecast updates, maintenance of the customer and global market database, coordination of specification review, follow up of the results of samples delivered to customer, preparation of Laboratory Work Requests, preparation of monthly reports, and trouble shooting.
- The incumbent is responsible for carrying out company policy and for overseeing preparation of the area sales forecast and annual sales expense budget.
- Timely and effective communication about the account strategy execution to members of management, customers, other Henkel personnel, and any involved outside third parties. This communication includes written monthly and customer visits reports, regularly scheduled and ad hoc meetings, voice mail, letters and memos.
- Continuously update professional selling and leadership skills to keep pace with the practical daily business use of business software and communication equipment and to acquire and maintain and in depth knowledge of Henkel products and their application in customer processes.
- Effectively manage expenses and company property.
Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran
Who we are looking for
- Bachelors of Science in a technical or business discipline
- 5 - 10 years of relevant industry experience in cleaners and lubricants with specific emphasis and focus in machining and grinding coolants and fluids and a progressive record of self-starting results.
- Up-to-date computer skills including business typing skills, strong literacy in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Power Point and Lotus Notes
- Outstanding presentation, negotiation, and relationship-building skills
- Regular travel within theUnited States
- Requires a valid drivers license
- May require passing additional security screening based on customer requirements
Henkel - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Henkel Corporation sticks with glue and a slew of other consumer products. The North American unit of German giant Henkel KGaA,...