HAEMONETICS, THE Blood Management Company is a global leader engaged in the design, manufacture and worldwide sales and marketing of blood management solutions. Recognized as the innovator in blood technologies, our mission is to create innovative products, design information technology platforms and to provide consulting services to advance the safety, quality and availability of the world’s blood supply.
Senior Facilities Engineer
Responsible for the coordination and execution of physical assets (physical plant and equipment) maintenance and capital projects. Will provide preventive maintenance and strategic support to internal customer for guarantee optimum operation for the core business
• Ensures accurate operation of all equipment and systems by creating and implementing a preventive maintenance system and developing, scheduling, and controlling the facilities maintenance program.
• Supports manufacturing department by coordinating and installing new equipment in all production areas.
• Coordinates and supervises all plant modification and layout changes by monitoring, following-up and assuring job completion.
• Maintains plant operation activities by coordinating with appropriated governmental agencies such as Fomento, Electrical Power Authority and Water and Sewer Authority.
• Maintains documentation by keeping adequate maintenance activities records.
• Supervises contractors activities by communicating, monitoring, following-up and assuring job / project accomplishment.
• Complies with regulatory agencies by assuring the accomplishment of OSHA and EPA standards and documenting according to them.
• Coordinates and supervises capital projects by planning, organizing, and monitoring activities.
• Completes job assignments by assigning and monitoring work orders in conformity with manufacturing standards, company procedures, and governmental regulations.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Complies with QRS, ISO and all applicable regulations and company procedures.
• Ensure that all personnel in his/her area is aware of the importance of Environmental Policy and EMS (Environmental Management Systems) requirements, their roles and responsibilities and the potential impacts of their work.
• Ensure that the specifications for the new equipments, parts, products, projects and services include environmental considerations and identify opportunities and propose ideas for minimize or eliminate environmental aspects or impacts.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
• Minimum six (6) years in the Facilities and Utilities area for Medical Devices or Pharmaceutical environment with experience in the following disciplines or system: Air Compressors, EGU’s, Control System, Pest Control Program, Housekeeping, HVAC&R, Fire Protection Systems, Chilled Water, DI Water, Vacuum Pumps, CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System).
• Master Degree in Engineering.
Three (3) to six (6) years in worked related experience
• EIT or PE License preferred. Active member CIAPR
Haemonetics Corporation is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Haemonetics Corp. - 14 months ago