NEVADA ARMY NATIONAL GUARD
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
This position is located in the Military Personnel Office (MILPO) of the Army National Guard. The purpose of this position is to serve as the final reviewer and procedural authority of personnel actions submitted to the MILPO by lower echelons. Work is to be performed in one or more of the following work areas: Officer or Enlisted Personnel Management (OPM, EPM); Retirement Points Accounting Management (RPAM); Selected Reserve Incentive Program (SRIP); Montgomery G.I. Bill; MOS Medical Review Board (MMRB); Line of Duty (LOD) investigations; and Funeral Honors/Casualty Assistance.
Under 5 USC 2108 & 5 CFR 211, Veteran's Preference criteria does not apply
Ref: Title 32 USC 709 for competitive and excepted employees
(1) Serves as a final reviewer of actions, which may include but are not limited to: accessions, promotions, transfers, boards, promotion eligibility; retirement eligibility; and actions that affect eligibility of educational or incentive benefits as well as sensitive, complex cases, which involve: allegations of inequitable, prejudiced, or similar treatment (e.g. issues of fraudulent enlistment or assignment; removal of military member from active or inactive status).
(2) Researches and obtains all necessary relevant information regarding cases and issues and provides explanations and interpretations of rules, regulations, procedures, and requirements pertaining to actions taken or recommended.
Minimum Requirements: Administrative or clerical experience, education, or training which demonstrates the candidate's ability to perform the duties of the position. Experience using computer and automation systems.
GS-07 - Must have at least 12 months experience in the interpretation and application of regulations, procedures or laws. Experience that provided a working knowledge of administrative functions. Experience performing personnel transactions. Experience working independently and setting priorities with very little supervisory control.
EXCEPTED, Enlisted, E3 - E6
Compatible Miltary Specialty: 42A
REQUIRED: Must have Secret Security Clearance.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire and supporting documents. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your rating can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
Be prepared to address the following questions or statements on the assessment questionnaire:
- Knowledge of military organizational structures, protcol, and similar matters.
- A comprehensive knowledge of the majority of laws, rules regulations, policies, procedures, and precedents relating to the area of assignment; and the ability to apply this knowledge in the interpretation and application of regulatory and procedural requirements to complex casex.
- Knowledge of requirements for proposed action to ensure that documentation is correct and sufficient; ability to review organizational records, duty codes, medical and educational regulations in order to analyze the informationand determine the proprieth of the actiona submitted and that all levels of legal, medical, and administrative review are complete.
- Knowledge of computer databases and personnel management systems. Proficient in analytical math an have effective oral and written communication skills with a customer service base.
- Skill in compiling information and preparing reports.
- Ability to plan and organize work.
- Ability to provide, and perform a segment of the human resource actions which requires knowledge of processing a variety of unique official personnel tasks.
- Ability to deal cooperatively with others to obtain needed information, to complete case processing and to expleain decisions or recommendations to interested parties.
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees. The following Web addresses are provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.
Flexible Spending Accounts - The Federal Flexible Spending Accounts Program (FSAFeds) allows you to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. For addtional information visit: https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - The Federal Employees Health Benefits Program offers over 100 optional plans. For addtional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. For addtional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - The Federal Employees' Group Life Insurance Program (FEGLI) offers: Basic Life Insurance plus three types of optional insurance, for addtional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - The Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program (FLTCIP) provides long term care insurance for Federal employees and their parents, parents-in-law, stepparents, spouses, and adult children. For addtional information visit: http://www.ltcfeds.com/
Retirement Program - Almost all new employees are automatically covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan. The three tiers are: Social Security Benefits, Basic Benefit Plan, Thrift Savings Plan. For addtional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
This link provides and overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees. http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/benefits.asp
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Wear of the appropriate military uniform and maintaining standards of conduct and appearance are mandatory. Additionally, the selectee agrees to attend all Unit Training Assemblies and Annual Training with his/her unit of assignment.
Applicants who feel they have restoration rights to this position should contact the HRO.
IAW the civil service employment law (5 U.S.C. 3328), male applicants born after 31 December 1959 are required to furnish a statement of Selective Service registration status prior to appointment.
IAW the Immigration Reform Act of 1986 (Public Law 99-6603), successful applicant will be required to provide verification of eligibility to work in the United States .
Member agrees to initiate Direct Deposit Action for payroll checks.
Substitution of education for specialized experience will not be used.
Acceptance of a military technician position will cause termination of entitlement and eligibility for all bonuses and student loan repayments effective the date of employment. An initial payment received less than 180 days from the start of any technician tour, WILL be recouped. This does not apply to temporary technician assignments of less than 180 days. This does not affect GI Bill eligibility.
No PCS funds are available.
Grade inversion is not permitted.
Employment may be contingent upon successful completion of technician pre-employment physical, and may be subject to pre-employment drug testing.
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...