The Honolulu Rail Transit Project (HRTP) Office located in Honolulu, Hawaii has an opening for a Lead Engineer on the approximately $500 million West Oahu Farrington Highway (WOFH) design-build section within the $5.2 billion HRTP. More information regarding the Project can be found at http://www.honolulutransit.org .
Serving on the staff of the General Engineering Consultant (GEC), the selected candidate will report day-to-day to the WOFH Contract Resident Engineer.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Collaboratively working with the Design-Builder, Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation (HART), third parties and other stakeholders to produce a design that meets the contract requirements.
- Serve as the HART point of contact with Design-Builder for design oversight and contract compliance. Serve as the WOFH point of contact for design oversight and contract compliance with the HART/GEC Program Team.
- Serve as the WOFH technical expert.
- Manage the review of the Design-Builder’s design-related submittals and Requests for Information.
- Review the Design-Builder’s requests for design deviations and coordinate each with individual technical disciplines as necessary.
- Assist in the review of Design-Builder’s requests for change orders.
- Lead field office design contract compliance review and administration activities; direct documents to appropriate resources for review and response using Contract Manager Software.
- Participate in, and on occasion lead, meetings with stakeholders.
- Coordinate with individual technical discipline reviewers in the review of the Design-Builder’s design.
- Keep Contract Resident Engineer apprised of design status.
- Conduct design review meetings with GEC/HART technical disciplines to ensure contract compliance.
- Oversee Design-Builder Compliance with their Quality Assurance Plan. Ensure compliance with the HART/GEC QAP related to design.
- Assist in the review of Design-Builder’s progress pay estimates for completion of design activities.
- Lead process review and development activities.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- Professional Engineering license.
- Minimum of 8 years of combined design and post-design related experience.
- Ability to understand the technical and commercial aspects of a contract and project documents.
- Design-Build experience.
- Segmental bridge design and construction experience.
- Strong communication and people skills.
- Computer proficiency and skill in data base systems.
- Team player.
- Design experience in large transportation projects.
- Deep foundation experience.
- Rail experience.
- Field experience.
- Contract Manager Software experience.
Talented? Check. In demand? Check. Handsome? You decide. Check out this Beatty -- Balfour Beatty. The company provides infrastructure and...