Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international energy company engaged in exploration and production, oil sands mining and integrated gas. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has a strong portfolio of assets delivering defined growth leveraged to crude oil production with exploration upside. At the end of 2011, Marathon Oil had net proved reserves of more than 1.8 billion barrels. The Company’s operations are located in the United States, Angola, Canada, Equatorial Guinea, Indonesia, Iraqi Kurdistan Region, Libya, Norway, Poland and the United Kingdom.
The Bakken Asset Team is a part of Marathon’s North American Production Operations. The Bakken Asset Team is a dynamic and active oil shale development area which includes construction, drilling, and production operations. The successful candidate will be charged with providing environmental support to assist the Asset Team in complying with federal, state and local environmental regulations. The candidate will work closely with management, operations and other HES professionals to clearly define environmental issues and develop cost-effective solutions. The HES professional must be able to effectively interact with agency representatives to secure permits and resolve compliance issues. Experience with various environmental topics (SPCC, air, waste management, etc.) is preferred. This position will focus primarily on air quality permitting and compliance.
Provide support to Bakken Asset Team on a variety of environmental issues (air, water, waste, and emergency response).
- Responsible for understanding various environmental regulations and corporate programs; and implementing internal compliance procedures.
- Responsible for preparing (or in some cases oversight of) environmental permit applications, negotiating with agencies on permit conditions, monitoring compliance, preparing routine reports and emergency notifications. Works with agencies on routine inspections and action items.
- Reviews incident reports and makes necessary notifications to Corporate and/or regulatory agencies. Also responsible for participating on HES audits.
- Supports local emergency response efforts as part of the Incident Command System.
- Responsible for preparing and providing training to operations personnel on environmental issues as needed.
- Responsible for project management, including the development of requests for bid proposals, work orders and field supervision of contractors.
- Represents Marathon Oil Company at trade association and professional organization meetings.
- Sets an example of living our values by participating in safety meetings, behavior based safety program, diversity awareness opportunities and other activities.
- Travel throughout western North Dakota and potentially other Marathon locations on a periodic basis.
Degree: Bachelors Required
Major: Environmental or Engineering preferred
Computer Proficiencies: Excel, Word
Work Experience: Air permitting and oil & gas experience preferred
Apply for this job:
Apply for this job online
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Email this opportunity to a friend
Marathon Oil - 2 years ago
Based in Houston, Texas, Marathon Oil is an independent exploration and production (E&P) with activity in North America, Europe and...