Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, we operate in over 50 countries and employ over 140,000 people.
We provide large corporate, government and institutional clients with a full spectrum of solutions to their strategic advisory, financing and risk management needs. Our clients also benefit from access to the breadth of expertise across Barclays. Were one of the largest financial services providers in the world, and are also engaged in retail banking, credit cards, corporate banking, and wealth and investment management.
For further information about Barclays, please visit our website www.barclays.com .
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
This role is in the Legal Entity Control group within Financial Control.
Barclays Capitals Finance Department is organized into the following five functions:
Financial Decision Support (FDS)
Chief Operating Office
The primary function of Financial Control is to ensure that Barclays Capital fulfils its external financial reporting requirements, including statutory accounts, capital adequacy reporting, large exposures reporting and statistical reporting:
Monthly, quarterly and annual management and statutory reporting.
Regulatory filings to the Federal Reserve, the FSA, the Bank of England and other regulatory bodies, ensuring the appropriate control framework is in place.
Setting and monitoring of compliance with accounting, regulatory and balance sheet control policy.
Technical accounting and regulatory policy advice within Barclays Capital and reviewing accounting issues with its clients.
Control of all non-trade related balance sheet accounts.
The primary interface with our auditors and regulators.
The primary function of the Legal Entity Control group is to ensure the integrity of the Financial Statements of the various entities. This includes management of the monthly close of the general ledger and to ensure that all procedures/processes have been completed for timely and accurate reporting of the financial statements locally and to head office. Liaise with Product Control, Regulatory Reporting, and various infrastructure groups to discuss substantive issues that affect Financial Statement reporting.
- Responsible for the month end close of the US Branch entities.
- Responsible for the month-end balance sheet account reconciliation and sign off in Account Ownership system. Identification, escalation and resolution of issues associated with substantiation.
- Prepare financial statements under US GAAP & IFRS; perform analytical reviews including variance analysis.
- Prepare quarter end and year end reporting schedules for the Financial Reporting group and Regulatory Reporting group. Work proactively in non quarter end periods to address problem areas from prior reporting periods.
- Proactively identify opportunities for efficiencies and control improvements within month end close and to work with manager and relevant teams to implement solutions.
- Liaise with Product Control Group, Operations, Regulatory Reporting on a daily/month end basis.
- Liaise with auditors during their examination of the relevant business lines to supply relevant information and to address questions.
- Aid in the completion of key control deliverables for Finance. Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
BA/BS Accounting / Finance
2+ years experience in Finance
1+ years experience with Excel & PowerPoint
Working knowledge of relevant accounting standards under both US GAAP & IFRS.
Public accounting audit experience
Barclays Investment Bank - 14 months ago
Barclays Bank is the flagship subsidiary of global financial group Barclays PLC. The bank is primarily active in the UK, where it has some...