Data Warehouse Engineer III
Job Title: Data Warehouse Engineer III
Requisition Number: 7435
Employment Type: Full-Time
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday
Location Name: Information Technology Services
City: SALT LAKE CITY
Department: UUH CST 17C ITS DATA WAREHOUSE
As a patient-focused organization, the University of Utah Health Care exists to enhance the health and well-being of people through patient care, research and education. Success in this mission requires a culture of collaboration, excellence, leadership, and respect. University of Utah Health Care seeks staff that are committed to the values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, responsibility, diversity, integrity, quality and trust that are integral to our mission.
This position would be focused on supporting the Enterprise Data Warehouse and the ETL solutions across our clinical health care environment. As we proceed with implementing our Business Intelligence framework, including designing and developing our enterprise data warehouse and data marts. This position’s primary focus will be implementing large scale ETL solutions as well as implementing and supporting source system ETL solutions; managing upgrade cycles, configuring ETL settings and resolving data quality issues.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Supports and maintains the ETL environment; including support of source system ETL tools.
- Designs and builds a scalable, high performance data warehouse used for complex reporting and analytics.
- Prepares Technical Design / Specifications, creates prototypes and develops routines for data extraction and loading.
- Provides technical/user documentation and training; performs peer reviews of work items produced at various stages of the project.
- Participates in gathering business requirements, define underlying data sources and transformation requirements, design suitable data model, and develop metadata for the Data Warehouse/Analytical Reporting.
- Effectively communicate with various teams and stakeholders, escalate technical and managerial issues at the right time and resolve conflicts.
- Demonstrates passion for quality and productivity by use of efficient development techniques, standards and guidelines.
- Analyzes and determines the impact of technology capabilities and limitations, translate high level design to detailed design specifications, develop, test and deploy code/application in various environments.
- Strong data modeling skills (Normalized and Multidimensional for Data Marts, including Star Schema, Snow-Flake Modeling, Fact and Dimensional Modeling).
- Knowledge and experience in data modeling tools, data management, configuration, and logical data modeling.
- Strong analytic, problem solving, and collaborative skills.
- Knowledge and experience working with an Oracle relational database.
- Multi-tasking, able to manage and deliver multiple tasks within short timeframe.
- Knowledge and experience with open source business intelligence platform for deploying open source reporting, analysis, and data integration tools.
- Knowledge and experience in reporting and analysis delivery tools and applications (e.g., Cognos, Crystal, Business Objects).
- Work well in a team environment including customer interaction.
- Strong desire to learn new technologies and the business aspect of a software company.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Seven to Ten year of experience in Data Warehousing with at least two years of previous ETl
- Bachelor degree in Computing Science or related field or equivalent
- Experience using industry leading ETL tools such as Informatica, DataStage or Data Integrator, as well as an ability to function as a systems analyst and data warehouse architect.
- Graduate degree in Medical Informatics, Computer Science, Public Health or Information Systems.
- Health Care industry domain knowledge.
University of Utah Health
- 2 years ago - save job