- Performs all types of carpentry work as necessary in the proper maintenance and repair of buildings, fixtures, furniture, roofs, doors, and windows.
- Makes needed repairs to floors and woodwork.
- Cuts, replaces and glazes glass for window panes.
- Lays linoleum and floor tile.
- Installs ceiling tile and wall paneling.
- Installs plaster board.
- Builds scaffolding and concrete frames for all types of cement work.
- Repairs and refinishes furniture, woodwork and floors.
- Plans and lays out work on projects involving construction and remodeling of buildings and classrooms.
- Acts as worksite supervisor when requested to do so.
- Requisitions supplies for construction assignments.
- Operates various power equipment in the carpentry shop, such as power saws, band saws, lathes, sanding and planning tools, etc.
- Cleans and sharpens small hand tools.
- Requisitions supplies necessary for the proper operation of machinery and equipment.
- Assists in maintaining the shop in a clean and orderly manner.
- Performs Locksmith duties on a temporary basis in the absence of the Locksmith.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and practices of the carpentry trade and the qualities and uses of various types of wood. Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the carpentry trade. Ability to make simple estimates of time and materials. Ability to inspect lumber for grade and quality. Ability to work from sketches and plans, and to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
Minimum of Education / Training:
Four years of experience in the carpentry trade, or completion of an approved apprenticeship.
California University of Pennsylvania - 22 months ago