Red Hat is adding a Technical Account Manager to support enterprise customers in the Bay Area -- the Technical Account Management service is a premium support offering with a mission to build, maintain, and grow long-lasting customer loyalty. Candidates local to Red Hat's office in Mountain View are preferred; however, well-qualified Bay Area candidates that prefer to work remotely will also be considered.
A Technical Account Manager (TAM) is an experienced and highly skilled support engineer who cultivates high-value relationships with clients by understanding their IT infrastructures, internal processes, and business needs and providing personalized, proactive support, and guidance. A TAM tailors support for a customer's environment, facilitates collaboration with their other vendors advocates on their behalf by working closely with Red Hat's engineering R&D, product management, and global support organizations to debug, test, and resolve escalated issues.
Primary job responsibilities
- Perform technical reviews and provide knowledge sharing to proactively identify and prevent issues
- Gain understanding of customer's technical infrastructure/environment, hardware, and products
- Perform initial or secondary investigation and respond to online and phone support requests
- Provide advice and guidance to customers about their current and future Red Hat products
- Manage customer cases and maintain clear and concise case documentation
- Serve as the customer advocate within Red Hat
- Prior experience in a support, development, engineering, or quality assurance organization
- 5+ years Linux/Unix system administration experience
- Capacity for manage multiple issues and projects while maintaining a high degree of detail
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced environment
- Capacity for managing and growing existing enterprise customer relationships by delivering proactive, relationship-based support
- Must have outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to convey complex information to customers clearly and concisely
- Deep technical knowledge of the Linux kernel and Linux filesystem
- Hands-on experience with a variety of hardware vendors
- Experience with enterprise applications like SAP, Veritas, SAS
- Some experience with clustering technology preferred
- Bachelor's degree in a technology-related discipline - computer science or engineering is preferred
- A Red Hat Certified Engineer is preferred
Linux, Support, Customers, System Administration, Enterprise
Red Hat doffs its cap to businesses that embrace open-source computing tools. The company dominates the market for Linux, the open-source...