This is a software development position in Burlington, MA.
Our department is responsible for Coventry’s Enterprise Content Management (ECM) system. Enterprise Content Management (ECM) is the strategies, methods and tools used to capture, manage, store, preserve, and deliver content and documents related to organizational processes. ECM covers the management of information within the entire scope of an enterprise whether that information is in the form of a paper document, an electronic file, a database print stream, or even an email.
As part of Coventry’s IT division, we work across Coventry’s different lines of business and technical teams to provide solutions for ECM. We develop custom software based on industry leading document management products to store, search and retrieve millions of documents. Documents are scanned into Coventry high volume scanning operations and proceed through workflows for processing.
- Participates in and may direct the analysis and definition of efficient, cost effective application solutions which support client business processes and functional requirements.
- Performs and may direct software coding, testing, debugging, documentation, and installation tasks for on-line and batch processes in accordance with industry best practices and specific internal procedures and standards.
- Analyzes business processes in order to define application functional requirements and technical specifications.
- Guides, formulates, contributes to, and directs task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for development and maintenance activities.
- Participates in and may direct problem definition and problem resolution activities.
- Coordinates with internal departments to provide associated deliverables required for the successful completion of development and maintenance assignments (e.g., database development, job scheduling, network support, help desk orientation, client implementation readiness, etc.).
- Conducts client interviews to perform analysis of client business processes and functional requirements. Prepares appropriate documentation to communicate and validate the information.
- Participates in client committees and may coordinate client involvement in development and maintenance tasks as needed.
- Responsible for knowledge transfer to staff. May review the technical work of staff.
- May provide on-call support. May coordinate on-call response efforts as assigned.
- Contribute technical designs and participate in design for others, code reviews, test remediation, and production support.
- Original coding in C#.Net business layer and UI layer for Windows Forms and ASP.Net.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Overnight air travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous (7-10 years) experience in all phases of applications software development/maintenance life cycles in a client server / web-based environment.
- 4+ years experience in developing C#.Net Windows Forms and ASP.Net Web Forms.
- 5+ years experience in writing SQL and designing schemas for Oracle and/or SQL Server.
- Experience delivering enterprise content and document management solutions would be a plus.
- Use of Infragistics UI controls and Lead Tools Image Manipulation tools a plus.
- Experience with FileNet or other enterprise content/document management systems a plus.
- Demonstrated excellence in technical skills and knowledge required in one or more higher level programming languages respective to various client server programming development environments.
- Strong skills required in critical thinking and analysis, verbal and written communications, and interpersonal interactions (e.g., partnering, conflict management, consulting, etc.)
- Understanding of health care business and care delivery processes preferred.
- Coventry Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to building a talented and diverse team.
Primary Location: Burlington, MA, US
Other Locations: ,
Organization: 10800 - Coventry Management Services
Job Posting: 2012-12-28 00:00:00.0
Job ID: 1212749
Coventry Health Care - 18 months ago
In May of 2013, Coventry became a part of Aetna. We are excited to join together with common values and a common mission: empowering people...