AbbVie (NYSE: ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott. AbbVie combines the focus and passion of a leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capabilities of a long-established pharmaceutical leader to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world’s most complex and serious diseases. In 2013, AbbVie will employ approximately 21,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Senior Manager, Health Economics & Outcomes Research in GHEOR conducts Health Economics projects that leverage the value proposition of products across their lifecycle.
- Develops pharmacoeconomic models (cost utility, cost effectiveness, cost offset, budget impact, etc), both independently and in collaboration with vendors and key opinion leaders.
- Manages researchers and health economics vendors external to the company.
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITY / SCOPE:
- Conduct of Health Economics and Outcomes Research projects under the supervision of the manager to support the Value Proposition to Payors, Patients and Prescribers
- Supervision of vendors when projects are being outsourced, or conducted by the internal Value Analytics group
The Senior Manager will report to the Director, Group Director, or directly to the Senior Director.
This position will hire at a Senior Manager or Manager level depending on the skills and experience of the incumbent.
Master's in Health Economics, Outcomes Research, Health Services Research
Minimum Experience / Training Required:
Masters, PharmD or PhD in Health Economics, Outcomes Research, Health Services Research with at least 1 or more years of experience in global outcomes research, including dossier submissions for reimbursement; 1 or more years of experience in developing pharmacoeconomic models; and 1 or more years of experience in PRO/HRQOL research including questionnaire design, evaluation, and/or analysis.
Significant Work Activities and Conditions
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods ( more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 20 % of the Time
AbbVie - 22 months ago