ABOUT OUR COMPANY
ValueOptions ® is a health improvement company that serves more than 32 million individuals. On behalf of employers, health plans and government agencies, we manage innovative programs and solutions that directly address the challenges our health care system faces today. A national leader in the fields of mental and emotional wellbeing, recovery and resilience, employee assistance, and wellness, ValueOptions helps people make the difficult life changes needed to be healthier and more productive. With offices nationwide and a network of more than 130,000 provider locations, ValueOptions helps people take important steps in the right direction. We help them live their lives to the fullest potential.
ABOUT OUR PEOPLE
At ValueOptions, it’s more than a job. Our employees embrace the company vision of helping people lead healthier lives. The over 3,100 employees on our team enjoy challenging career growth in an environment that values integrity, innovation, consumer engagement and joint accountability. Employees have access to comprehensive benefit packages; corporate discounts; continuing education opportunities, including our online learning portal, and more. At ValueOptions we strive to build a boundless culture and community of professionals that includes honest, open and free-flowing communication. We are passionate about the work we do.
If you have a passion to make a difference and a thirst to actively develop your knowledge and skills, join the ValueOptions team!
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are currently seeking a dynamic Desktop Services Manager. The ideal candidate is someone with strong management skills who can come in and organize the desktop support staff as well as provide ongoing leadership and process improvements. The Desktop Services Manager is professional position with responsibilities relating to the coordination of end-user hardware and software support and management. This position oversees the technology support services for internal users and may also contribute to problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users. Responsibility includes, but is not limited to: managing internal desktop support staff; developing and maintaining procedures related to monitoring, tracking, and coordination of field support activity; managing equipment inventories; and, overseeing the development of end user guides, tips and training materials. The Manager will assist the Director in implementing and supporting the Corporation’s technology platforms to meet the goals of the Corporation.
- Provides leadership and direction supporting operational customer systems hardware, peripherals and software.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the desktop support staff. Identify, isolate and resolve problems associated with technical support staff to implement immediate resolutions to critical problems.
- Communicate effectively with customers and stakeholders to assess support needs, assist in the identification of technology needs, and respond to customer service concerns.
- Developing and defining scope of work.
- Managing competing activities and priorities.
- Work closely with operations and support personnel to identify areas of possible automation and/or improvement to provide better customer service and enhance problem resolution techniques.
- Track and analyze support calls and information requests to identify areas of need and create strategies to enhance end-user capacity and end-user reliance on support personnel.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation, including: operations guidelines and procedures, inventory checklists, deployment guides, budget information, training guides and support materials.
- Manage the inventory, support and maintenance of end user technology assets, including, but not limited to: desktop and notebook computers, mobile devices (smart phones, tablets, etc.), printers and software.
- Facilitate equipment, services, and software purchases and implementation; and manage inventory and licensing reconciliations. Conduct research and make recommendations on hardware and software products, services, protocols, and standards.
- Managing infrastructure projects such as deployments and refreshes.
- Redefining and establishing a formal escalation process within the environment.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting on all customer and facility SLA metrics
- Resolve conflicting demands from users for service.
- Interface with internal and external management in problem-solving and recommending technical alternatives and appropriate actions.
- Managing multiple resources both onsite and remotely.
- Occasional weekend or evening work may be required.
- Limited travel (up to 10%).
ValueOptions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business or related field, with a minimum of 5-7 years professional experience in technology support operations, including experience troubleshooting and supporting computer applications and operating systems; and, at least 3-5 years experience supervising technical support staff; or any equivalent combination of training, education and experience which provides the following knowledge, abilities and skills.
- Experience troubleshooting both hardware and Microsoft operating systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office 2007/2010 applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access).
- Strong knowledge of Internet Explorer and Microsoft SharePoint.
- Strong knowledge of Windows XP and Windows 7.
- Demonstrated experience with LANDesk for workstation imaging and software distribution.
- Demonstrated experience with application virtualization technology from VMware and Citrix.
- Experience supervising staff and/or consultants.
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communications skills including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to non-technical users.
- Demonstrated project management skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Must be proactive and have the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues, end users, and with external vendors.
- Excellent customer-service skills required.
- Must have the ability to work on multiple projects with multiple deliverables.
- Excellent knowledge of implementing policies and procedures
- Experience with problem, change, and configuration management
- Strong knowledge of hardware management and inventory processes
- Extensive knowledge of ITIL processes
- Strong knowledge of network operations
Value Options - 20 months ago
ValueOptions is a health improvement company that serves 32 million individuals. On behalf of employers, health plans and government...