While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and work the majority of shift in a standing position.
- Must have 5 years of previous culinary experience.
- Must have demonstrated previous restaurant experience
- Experience in a high volume production kitchen preferred.
- High school education, GED, or equivalent experience.
- Culinary degree a plus.
- Ability to operate, clean, maintain most commercial kitchen equipment required.
- Knowledge of cooking techniques; knife skills; attention to detail.
- Moderate comprehension and literacy required to read recipe cards and procedures.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Should possess computer skills, including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Dolce Hotels and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. We require consent to pre-employment drug testing for all positions.
Our Sous Chefs support the operation of the kitchen in absence of and in assistance with the Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef. Oversee the preparation of food and inventory levels of the kitchen.
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Assist Executive Chef with planning and preparation of hotel outlet menus.
- Assist in conducting periodic food inventories.
- Assist the Executive Chef with departmental human resource functions.
- Initiate and oversee ordering of food and kitchen supplies.
- Supervise and coordinate the production of food according to menu specifications.
- Assist the Chefs and Cooks in preparation of specific cuisine.
- Inspect quality of food products used to prepare cuisine; inform Executive Chef when quality is not acceptable.
- Ensure all cuisine served to guests follows establish guidelines for quantity, quality, appearance, and palatability.
- Check physical cleanliness of operations; ensure that all staff practice “clean as you go” techniques.
- Maintain proper working order of all equipment; inspects ovens, burners, water faucets, and refrigerators; report deficiencies to Engineering Department.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards.
Dolce Hotels and Resorts - 15 months ago