American Samoa Medical Center
doing business as
The LBJ Tropical Medical Center
Pago Pago, American Samoa
The American Samoa Medical Center is seeking qualified candidates to apply for the position of:
Chief Financial Officer
The Medical Center
The LBJ Tropical Medical Center is a U.S. Medicare-certified acute general hospital, the only hospital in American Samoa. It operates 150-beds and eleven outpatient clinics and the Emergency Medical Service. LBJ provides the only Emergency Department, Pharmacy, CLIA-licensed Clinical Laboratory and Diagnostic Imaging Facilities in American Samoa. LBJ is an autonomous agency of the Government of American Samoa and is governed by a five-member Board of Directors. The Chief Financial Officer is selected by the Board of Directors and reports to the Chief Executive Officer. LBJ has approximately 700 employees. In the last fiscal year, LBJ provided 21,801 patient days of care, served 72,514 outpatients and treated 33,871 patients in the Emergency Department.
Required Skills and Competencies
Required Training and Experience
- Lead, inspire, inform and influence staff members to deliver tangible results that support the Mission of the Medical Center;
- Develop the annual budget and perform financial modeling;
- Prepare analyses, financial statements and reports;
- Provide and implement guidelines to safeguard the Hospitals assets and property;
- Prepare and submit Medicare and Medicaid reporting;
- Establish mechanisms for accurate timely payments and collections.
- Excellent written and spoken English is required; excellent written and spoken Samoan highly desirable.
Seven or more years of financial management in a U.S. acute care hospital or integrated health system setting;
- BA or BS degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration required: MBA or Master's degree in Health Administration preferred;
- At least two years of experience as a Chief Financial Officer or Controller in a U.S. acute care hospital of equivalent or great complexity;
- Certification as a Certified Public Accountant or as a Certified Healthcare Financial Professional is highly desirable.
HEALTHeCAREERS Network - 2 years ago