High School graduate or equivalent required
Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates individual patient care within the scope of his/her training and experience.
1. Completes nursing assessment of patient and documents appropriately into patient chart. Collaborates with the RN to review and/or revise the plan of care, including a discharge plan, based upon the assessment of patient's needs.
2. Implements medical and nursing orders as allowed by the Wyoming LPN scope of practice and hospital policy, and documents appropriately.
3. Collaborates with the RN to evaluate patient's response to care.
4. Engages in patient/family teaching as appropriate; performs clinical/technical skills as required by the specific department.
5. Works collaboratively with the RN in charge to meet physicians, coworkers, management and other department needs.
6. Mandatory education and contact education requirements including 15 CEUs per year.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
· Demonstrates knowledge of medical terminology
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
· Demonstrates an independent work initiative, sound judgment and attention to detail
· Graduate of an accredited Practical Nurse program
· Licensed as a Practical Nurse in the State of Wyoming
· Prior acute care experience
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center - 2 years ago
The Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) is the benefits division of the Department of Veterans Affairs. The VBA provides benefits divided...