Eaton’s Sumter, SC plant has an immediate opening for a Production Associate – Trim Fabrication – 2nd Shift. The incumbent will serve as an essential element of the Fabrication team by providing functional expertise and support in all areas of the Trim Fab and CNC machine operations. Candidate will be able to effectively manufacture products for internal and external customers, ensuring product quality and maximum efficiency.
1. Exhibit a strong adherence to quality by continually seeking methods of improvement for all functions of the position. Ensure that all products and parts adequately meet Eaton’s quality guidelines as they move throughout the production process. Perform quality verification checks per work instruction requirements.
2. Receive and carry out work assignments from management and internal customers so as to fulfill customer orders in a timely manner. Perform assigned function from oral / written instructions, drawings, travel documents, DMM system, manufacturing information, and hand drawn layout request. Closely follow established procedures for completing assigned function. Document Daily Production (quantity and type) to assist with Productivity Tracking.
3. Comply with all safety requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals. Keep assigned work-area clean, organized, and orderly per 5S standards. Complete 5S Check Sheets Daily.
4. Ensure all safety and industrial hygiene requirements are maintained.
Work from manufacturing information such as Kanban cards, Work Instructions/ Method Sheets, requisitions and oral and written instructions. Use of tape measures required.
Work with members of a team to effectively complete work assignment. Receive information from team members regarding customer needs and product requirements and utilize this information to perform one’s function.
5. Perform Lean Initiatives. (5-S, TPM, Continuous Flow, Standard Work)
6. Perform routine preventative maintenance when required to ensure peak performance of all manufacturing equipment. Complete PM Checklists Daily.
7. Exhibit strong analytical and problem solving skills so as to resolve any obstacles or delays that may occur in the production process.
8. Set up, fit and perform metal joining and cutting operations using a variety of spot welding and brazing equipment to include operation of CNC Automated Robotic Welders.
9. Operation of CNC laser machines LZP, LZM and LZ02 lasers and/or manual or robotic welding machines
10. Perform special assignments and/or projects as assigned.
Eaton - 19 months ago
Eaton is a power management company with 2013 sales of $22.0 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers...