Position provides analysis and technical expertise in an existing and emerging SAP environment. Without significant direction, will perform a broad range of tasks which include research, analysis, design, configuration, testing, maintenance, support, training, and implementation of information technology solutions in the SAP ABAP environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Within the context of the ITS/Business Strategic Plan, operates independently in various activities such as research, selection, and implementation of technology solutions
- Applies highly professional business and/or technical knowledge when working with clients, other ITS groups, and vendors in activities such as identifying options, selection, analyzing, designing, installation, coding, maintenance, and testing of information technology solutions
- Will act as primary contact on various matters that are related to area of expertise which may require cross functional activity across organizational lines
- In a team environment, lead projects that are complex in nature
- Will provide technical assistance, problem resolution, support, and training for clients and other ITS groups
- As an expert in the field, will be responsible for interpreting, recommending, creating, implementing, maintaining, improving, summarizing, and reporting on performance indicators for the technology area
- Responsible for interpreting, establishing and executing operating policies and departmental procedures for the technology area
- Take initiative to understand customers and their environment and work with team members to deliver on time and on budget, committed results to customers
Knowledge required to perform at this level is generally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree in the area of Computer Science Engineering or Business.
- Generally a minimum of 10 years experience in a related field
- Requires in-depth knowledge of SAP ABAP having a minimum of 7+ years experience as a Princip
- le Programmer/Analyst with direct experience in developing ABAP utilizing:
Enterprise Services (Publish and Consume)
IDOCs / BAPIs/ RFCs
Object Oriented Programming
Reports (Lists & ALV)
SAP Internet communication framework (SICF)
SAP Scripts, SMART Forms, Adobe Forms
XML Mapping (Simple Transformations or XSLT)
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research and recommend changes in an existing, changing, or emerging environment
- Demonstrated ability to analyze business/technical problems and select, design, or implement information technology solutions in accordance with business needs
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to accept personal accountability and ownership for areas of responsibility.
- Has the drive to pursue solutions and make decisions in a timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, promote, and exhibit team-oriented behavior
- Demonstrated initiative to continue life-long learning
- Requires ability and willingness to educate and train others
- Requires strong orientation to customer satisfaction and dedicated to quality client service and proactive and being responsive to client needs
- Requires flexibility to adapt to and willingness to learn new technologies.
- Requires ability and willingness to work on multiple projects at one time and be able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Shares responsibility with team members for 24-hour on-call problem resolution
Terumo BCT, Inc. - 18 months ago