Art Director- Games
RI - Pawtucket
Employment Type: Regular
Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) is a branded play company providing children and families around the world with a wide-range of immersive entertainment offerings based on the Company’s world class brand portfolio. From toys and games, to television programming, motion pictures, video games and a comprehensive licensing program, Hasbro strives to delight its customers through the strategic leveraging of well-known and beloved brands such as TRANSFORMERS, LITTLEST PET SHOP, NERF, PLAYSKOOL, MY LITTLE PONY, G.I. JOE, MAGIC: THE GATHERING and MONOPOLY. The Hub, Hasbro’s multi-platform joint venture with Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) launched on October 10, 2010. The online home of The Hub is www.hubworld.com. The Hub logo and name are trademarks of Hub Television Networks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Come see how we inspire play through our brands at http://www.hasbro.com. © 2010 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
The Art Director creates and executes overall packaging design and artwork for assigned brands. Provides design expertise and project management direction and mentoring to Graphic Designers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: :
- Conceptualizes and executes advanced-level packaging concepts which include graphic line looks, logos, basic structural studies, etc., using standard industry computer graphics software.
- Provides management direction for presentation, trade show and other packaging comp (sample) needs as required.
- Functions as the project manager by implementing brand packaging projects and facilitating the workflow of graphic designers, package engineers, copywriters and vendors, as needed.
- Understands brand strategy/marketing objectives and how to develop creative assets
- Coordinates information and acts as liaison with Creative Services/disciplines and external vendors to independently drive multiple packaging projects.
- Researches and is aware of current or new trends and concepts in design methodologies and technologies; participates in meetings and presents information to all levels of management as required.
- Leads brainstorming sessions consistently using sense of creativity, foresight and good design judgment in developing and applying marketplace trends.
- Recommends internal and external resources regarding design, illustration and photography.
- Directs photo shoots (model and product), illustrators and outside design resources.
- Independently oversees all aspects of Packaging Design for specified Brands and their milestones.
Art Director makes informed decisions, has attention to detail, works quickly and efficiently under pressure, maintains positive relationships even under difficult circumstances, is resourceful enough to collaborate to ensure product delivery, and elevates problems with potential solution appropriately.
Education and Experience Requirements: :
- BFA in Graphic Design or Fine Arts; or equivalent experience
- 7+ years graphic design experience in packaging industry
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Ability to facilitate intra-disciplinary teams in meeting multiple projects and schedules
- Expert working knowledge of CS4
- Demonstrates understanding of 3-dimensional aspects of package design, product layout, and ability to articulate those concepts
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office Applications (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Proven success working with typography, logo, design, photography and color printing processes
- Ability to build production-ready files.
- Demonstrates advanced design aptitude and complex layout construction
- Demonstrated design success in packaging industry and/or in collateral material, web technology, and structural development
- Experience in managing project costs
- Awareness of packaging industry regulatory and environmental factors
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
J2W Posting Code: Global Design, Engineering and Product Development
Business Unit: Global Development
Hasbro Inc. - 19 months ago
Hasbro, Inc. (Hasbro) is engaged in providing children’s and family leisure time and entertainment products and services, including...