CTS Tablet Engineering Intern
The Customer Technology Solutions group is focused on enabling customers for phone and tablet market segments. Within this group, the Application Platform Tablets organization is offering exciting internship/coop positions to students pursuing CS, CE or EE degree. There are few positions available within AP Tablets, and interns will have various responsibilities. Responsibilities will include setup, configuration, debug, analysis and evaluation of best-in-class tablet products. Other responsibilities will include to focus on a program to bring world class Web based information management systems. This will encompass delivery of documents, media, training, and interactive tools in to make Intel products easier to design and build upon.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Be highly-motivated, curious, have good lab skills (proper tool use and detailed note taking), and be keenly interested in finding and resolving failures
- Ability to understand, specify and communicate requirements to marketing and engineering teams
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work as co-op for 8-12 months
- Ability to travel
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Must be pursuing an MS or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum of 3 months experience with software/programming languages (i.e. C, C++, C#, Visural.NET or Java)
- Minimum of 3 months experience with software design, coding and debugging
- Minimum of 3 months experience with PC hardware and software architecture
- Knowledge of wireless protocols(Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, LTE, GPS)+
- OS: Windows, Linux, Android+
- Knowledge of IP Networking+
Apr 18, 2013
Jun 29, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel’s discretion. Intel invites people of all ages currently enrolled in an academic institution (or graduated within the last 18 months) to apply.
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...