Area of Interest:
Environmental & Infrastructure
* Support fuels system repairs and upgrades for the Navy client primarily.
* Responsible for developing, implementing and/or administering safety, health, environmental protection, and substance abuse prevention programs affecting employee and public safety, occupational health, fire protection and prevention, and equipment and property protection.
* Serves as a resource for line management to develop and administer a proactive prevention program for accidents and illnesses. Provides technical assistance to office and field operations to ensure compliance with applicable international, federal, state and/or company environmental, safety, and health regulations. Keeps abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization.
* Conducts compliance evaluations of equipment, structures, and work in progress to ensure that regulatory environmental, safety, and health standards of the company and all applicable codes are followed. Recommends facilities and technological specifications to carry out programs that fulfill the organization's overall objectives.
* Prepares and reviews technical reports, correspondence, and procedures manuals. Establishes and maintains licenses and permits as required. Meet applicable regulatory codes and standards where required. Internal contacts may include site management, risk management personnel, include business line leads, Health and Safety personnel and office managers. External contacts include clients at work locations and regulatory agencies.
* Under close supervision, assists in the application and enforcement of company and project standards and regulations. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
* B.S. may be waived if the particular position allows for the acceptance of 6 years or more experience, relevant training and education and is approved by the Director of EHS for the hiring business unit.
* Requires 2-10 years relevant experience.
Shaw Group - 15 months ago
The Shaw Group is one of the world's largest power plant engineering and construction contractors, as well as a top environmental...