Postal/Zip Code: 83001
Evans Construction, is a member of the Oldcastle Materials Mountain West Division; Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be The Preferred Source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
Job Title: Crusher Maintenance/Oiler
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Crusher Laborer is responsible for tending to and maintaining the crusher machinery. Primarily work 8-10-hours per day, 4-5 days per week. Will also be required to work up to 14-hours per day, and up to 7 days per week as needed during the busy construction season. This position requires traveling for extended periods of time to perform the job duties at various jobsite locations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Performs machinery maintenance and repairs. Unplugs and shovels off conveyors and screens. Changes out screens, rollers, cone liners, etc. Repairs conveyor problems. Greases moving machine parts.
Performs crusher machinery set up and take down which includes running cables and hoses, setting up blocks, assembling/disassembling machinery, operating skidsteer to move parts, tarping, shoveling aggregate, etc.
Keeps crusher machinery area clean of debris and shovels aggregate.
Operates equipment to include skidsteer (and loader if trained). Moves excess materials from around the crusher machinery.
Performs other general laborer duties as required.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to apply mechanical skills and understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move any where up to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To perform the job successfully; an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Other Skills and Abilities
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- JS_8.2.3,JS_22.214.171.124,JS_126.96.36.199,JS_8.2.5,JS_188.8.131.52,JS_184.108.40.206,JS_8.5.10,JS_220.127.116.11,JS_18.104.22.168,JS_8.5.11,JS_22.214.171.124,JS_126.96.36.199,JS_188.8.131.52,JS_184.108.40.206,JS_8.5.12,JS_220.127.116.11,JS_18.104.22.168,JS_22.214.171.124,JS_8.5.2,JS_126.96.36.199,JS_188.8.131.52,JS_184.108.40.206,JS_8.5.3,JS_220.127.116.11,JS_18.104.22.168,JS_22.214.171.124Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
Must be able to pass physical fitness and agility test.
Evans Construction, a division of Oldcastle Materials, is one of the hundreds of businesses that comprise the Oldcastle family. As the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete, and paving services, Oldcastle is one of North America’s largest corporations. Oldcastle’s decentralized, diversified structure, allows employees to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise. Whether we’re safely paving miles of interstate, building two thousand-foot-long bridges or constructing roads through national parks, Oldcastle Materials’ continued investment in people, performance and communities has positioned us as an industry leader.
Oldcastle Materials is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please take 10 minutes to complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in expanding your career with Oldcastle Materials!
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Evans Construction is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Evans Construction is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...