5 - 10 years of experience required
The Microbiology Laboratory Supervisor is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of objectives for the section and assists with planning departmental objectives. Performs the daily operation of the Microbiology Area of the Hospital Laboratory, supporting the clinical laboratory testing needs of HackensackUMC at Pascack Valley. Ensures all regulatory requirements are met. Maintains maintenance, training and quality control records. Ensures annual competency of the laboratory staff in microbiology. Ensures all survey specimens are processed in a timely manner and rotated among staff. Contributes to the establishment of a highly professional department to provide exceptional quality service. This position also performs administrative and technical duties. Other duties as needed.
- Familiarity with microbiology procedures, techniques and instrumentation.
- 5 years previous microbiology experience preferred; supervisory experience is a plus
- Familiarity with McKesson Lab system preferred
- Familiarity with Bac-T Alert, Walkaway 40 a plus
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment.
- Able to work with a diverse group of people
- Current certification as MT (ASCP), CLS (NCA), CLT (HHS)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
HackensackUMC at Pascack Valley - 2 years ago