ABOUT THE COMPANY:
When it comes to mission-critical wireless communications, TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) ( NASDAQ: TSYS ) solves some of the toughest technical challenges. We produce solutions for communications that demand proven high levels of reliability, security, and availability. Communication solutions such as:
Secure deployable communication systems
Location-based wireless infrastructure and apps
Telematics and navigation
VoIP Enhanced 9-1-1 services (E9-1-1; E1-1-2)
Text messaging infrastructure for wireless operators
Information assurance and cyber-security
Engineered satellite-based services
Professional services for communications solutions
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
This position will involve System Administration providing Tier I, II and III level support while deployed. Candidate must demonstrate thorough understanding and skills at managing systems in a Citrix and Windows environment. Candidate will need broad technical skills and be willing to work on various projects requiring disparate experience. Successful candidates will demonstrate the knowledge and skills required to upgrade, install, implement, deploy and perform preventative maintenance on Microsoft Windows based servers and desktops.
Candidate will be required to work no less than 84 hours a week when deployed. Each candidate is expected to live and work in austere conditions when deployed. Candidate will be expected to pass a medical screening prior to deployment. ** Prior military experience is favorable.
Core responsibilities will be the service and support of various Microsoft and VMware Server Systems with a primary focus on MS Exchange and Active Directory. The position requires the candidate has knowledge of Active Directory Management, Exchange Management, and Virtualization of various platforms. Must be capable of first-level troubleshooting and implementing server solutions as directed by an appropriate senior engineer. Previous work experience should include working with Global Address Lists, Domain level user administration, and workstation security patches and updates. Minimum of 6 years information technology support for Windows-Based networks is required. Candidates with Database and Storage system experience is a plus. Previous training experience is also a plus. Training and/or providing onsite support to government personnel on operation, maintenance and troubleshooting concepts. Maintain Domain and OU level user accounts, and contribute to future system integration as required.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent subject matter with five years experience (or AA w/7 years experience, or HS w/9 years experience)
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) or MCITP - SA or higher
- 6 years of Microsoft Windows (2003/2007/XP) experience
- 3 years of Active Directory (AD) experience
- 3 years of Microsoft Server/Exchange experience
- 3 years of Citrix Remote Environments
- Proficient in layer 4 and layer 5 protocols and applications
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- Remote authentication and troubleshooting experience
- Remedy experience
- Extensive experience with installation, configuration and management of core software applications, including Dell and Microsoft Exchange Servers, DNS, VMware solutions and managed anti-virus servers. Excellent software troubleshooting experience. Proven experience implementation of software systems, applications, and related products
- TS/SCI Full Scope Required
- Position requires 20% travel to Southwest Asia.
Telecommunication Systems - 23 months ago