The Packaging Operator position is responsible for the operating basic packaging equipment in a high speed industrial food facility.
- Operates basic packaging equipment.
- Performs basic procedures such as filling coder with ink, changing coder for appropriate abstract and lot numbers.
- Obtains and replaces empty bags as required.
- Threads machines, replaces needles; acquires and mounts spools of thread, tape, cord and other material as needed.
- Secures places and fills bags on filling device on manual, semi-automatic or automatic scales to specified weights within tolerances required.
- Checks bag weights, adding or removing sugar or adjusting scales as required.
- Operates sewing machine and accessory equipment to close filled bags.
- Inspects for defective sewing and remove rejects from line.
- Performs necessary cleaning, oiling and adjustment of scales, sewing machines and associated equipment to maintain operational continuity.
- Ability to read and adjust scales
2 years of experience working with packaging equipment
High school education or equivalent
Ability to work rotating shifts, weekends, overtime and holidays as needed.