Higher One Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ONE) is a leading company focused on creating cost-saving efficiencies for higher education institutions and providing high-value services to students. Higher One offers a wide array of technological services on campus, ranging from streamlining the institution’s performance analytics and financial aid refund processes to offering students innovative banking services, tuition payment plans, and the basics of financial management. Higher One works closely with colleges and universities to allocate resources more efficiently in order to provide a higher quality of service and education to students.
Founded in 2000 on a college campus by students, Higher One now serves more than half of the higher education market, providing its services to over 1,250 campuses and 10.5 million students at distinguished public and private institutions nationwide.
At Higher One, we believe that every employee is critical to our success! Our innovative services depend on the energy, values, hard work and dedication of our employees. As we continue to grow, we look for others who are also committed to retaining a small-company feel while moving us to the next level!
The Error Resolution Director will be responsible for managing a team of specialists who research and resolve customer disputes related to ATM/Debit card activity, Automated Clearing House (ACH) activity, and unauthorized check activity.The director is further responsible for efficiently managing resources, maintaining compliance and monitoring, control and reporting to management.
- Manage the investigation of oral and written notice of errors for disputed transactions submitted via internal customers or Banking customers in accordance with rules regulations and time lines.
- Monitor and control the granting of provisional credit as well as monitor and control losses.
- Report recoveries monthly.
- Manage the resolution of customer disputes related to ATM/Debit card activity and Automated Clearing House
- Manage and monitor (ACH) activity, and unauthorized check activity to ensure compliance.
- Ensure proper communication to the customers regarding the results of the investigation within dedicated time lines.
- Manage and deliver any Audit claims for accuracy and timely completion.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining training for the team.
- Responsible for monitoring the team’s volumes and forecasting future volumes accordingly.
- Ensuring team is working as efficiently as possible along with keeping standard operating procedures and working guidelines up to date.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 7-10 years bank operations experience required
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience of the Electronics payments association.
- Significant hands on experience regarding Electronic Funds Transfer Act (Regulation E) required
- Subject matter expert of debit card chargeback codes
- Bookkeeping or bank reconciliation experience preferred
- Self motivated, self starter, an ability to manage time and deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize assignments
- Proficient in Excel, Outlook, Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven propensity to learn new technologies quickly
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrates analytical problem solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to provide stellar customer service to resolution
- Thrives in a collaborative, open team environment
- Enjoys new challenges in a rapidly growing changing environment
Higher One - 2 years ago
The higher ambition at Higher One Holdings is to facilitate higher education payments. The company provides payment processing and...