Founded in 1987, Life Alert is a top leader in the emergency response industry and expanding due to the ever-growing senior market. We save lives by providing a unique technology and service that enables people to live at home with independence and comfort, living their lives the way they want to, with a feeling of safety and peace of mind. Life Alert emergency dispatchers handle over 5 million calls a year, and on average save a life from a catastrophic outcome every 11 minutes (over 47,000 lives a year). If you like helping people and are looking for a rewarding long-term career, Life Alert is the company for you. Many of our employees have been with us for 15 to 20 years.
DAY SHIFT (7AM - 3:30PM)
SWING SHIFT (3PM - 11:30PM)
$12 - $14 HR (BASED ON WORK HISTORY/EXPERIENCE)
WORKING ALL WEEKENDS & HOLIDAYS REQUIRED
Life Alert Emergency Response is currently seeking Emergency Dispatchers for our Encino, California central station. Please see below for a description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
- Answer incoming emergency and non-emergency calls; route calls to medical emergency services and 3rd parties.
- Obtain medical emergency information by ascertaining the nature of the problem; calm the caller; encourage the caller to remain on the line until help arrives.
- Obtain fire emergency information by determining whether people are at risk and the extent of the fire.
- Obtain police emergency information by assessing the nature of the crime; gather accident information; determine if other emergency services are required.
- Maintain quality results by following and enforcing standards and emergency protocols.
- Resolve incoming calls by following standard operating procedures; obtain pertinent information; make connections to appropriate department.
- Document actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- General data entry; includes setting up new customer accounts, entering contact information and medical history, and other pertinent information
- 2 years experience in a fast-paced, telephone-heavy customer service environment
- No Criminal Background/Arrest Record
- Must Pass Background check and fingerprinting
- High School diploma or equivalent; College degree is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum typing speed of 40 WPM
- Punctuality, organizational skills, and ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Work well under pressure and stressful situations; exhibit emotional control
- Intermediate skills in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook; Internet savvy
- Prior dispatching experience is a plus
INTERESTED APPLICANTS ARE INVITED TO SUBMIT A
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (eligibility after 6 months of employment)
- Vacation, Personal, Sick and Holiday pay (after 1 year of employment)
- Secure Class A office building
RESUME AND COVER LETTER FOR CONSIDERATION TO:
(IN YOUR EMAIL RESPONSE, PLEASE SPECIFY WHICH SHIFT YOU ARE INTERESTED IN WORKING)
Monster - 16 months ago