Processor Performance Engineer
Come join Intel Labs, Intel's premier research group, and experience a world of opportunity!
The Microprocessor & Programming Research (MPR) group within Intel labs has a challenging mission to develop microprocessor and programming technologies that enable computing experiences of the future with breakthrough improvements in algorithms, performance, efficiency, reliability and cost.
As a Processor Performance Engineer, this position provides a unique opportunity to join a global research team working on moving an innovative processor core architecture into production. The successful candidate will perform performance analysis on a wide range of benchmarks and application workloads. The analysis will target compiler optimizations in a dynamic binary translator, optimization sensitivity studies and comparative architectural analysis across families of x86 processors; both single and multi-core. It is expected that the successful candidate will also push for improving workload performance by working with binary translator and architecture teams as well as help with identification and bring-up of new workloads and be available for travel periodically (i.e., once a quarter to Europe).
The ideal candidate should exhibit behavioral traits that indicate:
- An strong ability to communicate well with other team members and work in a cross-site and cross-geo environment
- Sound judgment in developing solutions to problems
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through relevant previous job and/or research experiences.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar technical discipline
- Minimum 5 years of experience with architect or processor performance
- Minimum 5 years of experience with compiler optimization, performance analysis, computer architecture, uarchitecture, binary translation and processor simulation
- Minimum 3 years of experience with performance analysis tools and pipetrace viewers
- Minimum 3 years of experience with C/C++, modern scripting languages, x86 assembly
- 6+ years of experience in the above skill sets
USA-California, Santa Clara
Feb 5, 2013
Apr 6, 2013
Intel Labs is the company's world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel's technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel's growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 17 months ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun...