The Gwinnett County Sheriff’s Department is committed to provide our community with employees who are professional, efficient and well trained with access to the most up-to-date technology. As the demands rise, this department will continue to strive to maintain the highest law enforcement standards possible.
This is the first level of the Deputy Sheriff series. This class is responsible for being trained on the job in order to become a licensed Deputy Sheriff Senior. Incumbents must also obtain a state certificate from jailer’s school within six months and successfully complete field training through the County and enter the Basic Law Enforcement Training Course/Academy within one year.
This is a safety sensitive position that will require a pre-employment drug test and subsequent random drug and alcohol testing in accordance with Gwinnett County Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace. We provide a 3% pay incentive for officers with an Associate’s degree, and a 6% pay incentive for officers with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
** You must apply online to be considered for this position **
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE E-MAILS THROUGHOUT THE APPLICATION AND BACKGROUND PROCESS FOR THIS POSITION. MAKE SURE YOU CAN RECEIVE E-MAILS FROM:
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com AND CHECK YOUR SPAM/JUNK MAIL BOX.
THIS E-MAIL ADDRESS CANNOT ACCEPT INCOMING E-MAILS. IT ONLY SENDS OUT E-MAILS.
WE CANNOT ACCEPT LATE INFORMATION DUE TO YOU NOT READING YOUR E-MAIL ON TIME.
- High School Diploma, or G.E.D.;
- Valid Georgia Driver’s License;
- Must be a minimum of 20 years of age at time of application;
- You must be able to work any shift, weekends, and holidays;
- US Citizenship;
- SOME APPLICANTS MUST PASS A GENERAL APTITUDE EXAM IN ORDER TO BEGIN THE HIRING PROCESS;
For information related to position specific Essential Duties, Knowledge and Skills and Physical requirements, click here.
- ALL APPLICANTS MUST PASS THE PHYSICAL AGILITY EXAM AND GA. P.O.S.T. ENTRANCE EXAMINATION. APPLICANTS THEN MUST PASS A COMPREHENSIVE BACKGROUND PROCESS, INCLUDING CRIMINAL, CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE, CREDIT, DRIVING AND EMPLOYMENT HISTORY CHECKS AND ORAL INTERVIEW IN FIRST PHASE. THE SECOND (FINAL PHASE AFTER CONDITIONAL JOB OFFER) PHASE INCLUDES, A PHYSICAL FITNESS EXAM WITH DRUG SCREEN, POLYGRAPH AND PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM.
NOTE: The class specifications listed on this site are not the official class specifications for Gwinnett County and are subject to change.
Education/Experience, Licenses, Knowledge and Skills, Physical Requirements:
Gwinnett County Public Schools, located in the metro Atlanta area, is the largest school system in Georgia and continues to grow. The school...