• Individual provides technical guidance, problem resolution and design support for the operations and maintenance of natural gas compressor facilities focusing primarily on equipment and facility automation systems.
• Types of automation equipment supported are electrical and pneumatic panel boards, PLC based control systems, and PC based HMI systems.
• Types of automated systems include reciprocating engine/compressor sets, turbine engine or electric motor driving centrifugal compressors, engine cooling systems, yard valves, mixing valves and other ancillary systems.
• Individual reviews and monitors performance of automation systems, identifying opportunities for improvement through development of system enhancements or replacement.
• Position provides technical advice and support to field operations personnel.
• Position will be responsible to learn how to make control system software changes, and for defining and assisting plant personnel in making hardware modifications.
• Individual will analyze equipment failures and develop corrective actions.
• Individual will be responsible for working with plant management to identify technical training needs and assist in the development and implementation of training programs.
• Individual will develop/and or review project scopes. Individual will review drawings and engineering designs for new projects.
• Identify, report, and correct safety and environmental concerns.
• This position requires travel by company vehicle to multiple plant locations in Northern Colorado, Northern Nevada, Northern Utah & most of Wyoming.
• Position requires travel of approximately 50% of time.
• Position also requires individual to climb ladders and to physically maneuver around and over large mechanical equipment.
• Deal with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy and professionalism.
• Speak clearly, both in person and by telephone, using a high level of verbal skills and listen carefully.
• Manage other related duties as assigned.
• Individual should have 2-5 years of experience in operations, maintenance or capital project support of industrial automation systems.
• An Associate’s degree in Electronics or Computer Technology is preferred, but not required.
• Individual will be familiar with the operations, maintenance and capital project support of industrial equipment.
• Position will require knowledge of natural gas compression facilities, rotating machinery including reciprocating engines/compressors, gas turbines and/or electric motor driven centrifugal compressors, ancillary support systems such as air systems, jacket water systems, high volt electrical distribution systems.
• Individual should have an understanding of the National Electric Code (NEC), and Part 192 of the DOT Pipeline Safety Regulations.
• Individual should have an understanding of NFPA 70E; arc flash, arc blast and required PPE.
• Individual must learn to train Operations technicians in the basics of plant operations and troubleshooting.
• Individual must have experience in PLC programming and troubleshooting, including ladder logic, function block programming and structured text.
• Individual must have experience working in 480 MCC panels.
• Proven analytical and trouble shooting skills.
• Working knowledge of reciprocating engine and compressor performance and maintenance analysis.
• Working knowledge of vibration testing and other predictive technologies.
• Working knowledge of portable emissions testing.
• Individual must be a disciplined, self-starter who is capable of working with minimal direct supervision.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver license and a driving record satisfactory to the Company and its insurers. Be available for and provide technical support and/or Emergency Response after regular business hours which may require carrying a communication device.
• This is not a Supervisory position.
• Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job.
• Job level commensurate with experience and skill set.
Position could be filled in Rawlins, WY or Rock Springs, WY.
This can get Kinder complicated: Kinder Morgan Management (KMM) was created by pipeline operator Kinder Morgan, Inc. to be the limited...