Job ID: 25570
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Medicine - Multi-Specialty Center. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position provides secretarial support and office services related to routine business, administrative and patient care for faculty members.
1. Acts as a general liaison between doctor and patient - triaging and returning all physician and patient calls, i.e. test results and clinical questions in a timely manner.
2. Assist Nurse Coordinator with prescription refills for the division of Rheumatology per written protocol.
3. Maintains and coordinates the physicians' patient schedule and order forms to assure accurate scheduling and authorization of patient care and ancillary testing.
4. Obtains and documents referrals, authorizations and/or pre-certifications as needed.
5. Confirms appropriate flow of dictation's from the transcription into the electronic medical record.
6. Greets visitors, answers phones, takes messages and screens patient inquiries providing information according to department procedures and policies.
7. Helps physicians complete all disability, handicap parking, medication assistance forms, and other patient related paperwork.
8. Documents accurate information in the patient's chart or electronic medical record in a timely manner.
9. Assist the Nurse Coordinator with scheduling of treatments/therapies, diagnostics procedures, surgeries, and pre-operative testing with the primary physician.
10. Assist the Nurse Coordinator with precertify infusion and injection therapy as well as complex testing ordered by the physicians.
11. Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
12. Works as a team with all team members.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
14. Assists administration and acts as back-up support for clinical staff during peak times/vacations, and illnesses.
15. Maintains required skills/competencies and participates in inservices, staff programs, continuing education and cross training programs according to established standards.
16. Participates in educational programs, staff meetings and in-services as required.
17. Participates in quality improvement activities to ensure appropriate clinical outcomes.
18. Assists with training of co-workers.
19. Other duties as assigned
Equivalent of High School diploma with 1 year experience.
The hiring range for this position is $10.51 to $13.14 per hour.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (http://medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University in St. Louis is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women, ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
ColorsNWCareers.com - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Employer of Choice in the St. Louis area!
Washington University School of Medicine is an employer of choice in the St. Louis area. The...