ACT is an independent, not-for-profit organization that provides a broad array of assessment, research, information, and program management solutions in the areas of education and workforce development. Each year, ACT serves millions of people in high schools, colleges, professional associations, businesses, and government agencies—nationally and internationally.
Learn more at act.org !
Provide Tier-1 hardware and software technical support for ACT’s customers and employees.
Typical work-related activities include:
- Provide first call level investigation and diagnosis of reported incidents.
- Monitor calling queues to make sure calls are handled in a timely manner.
- Provide request fulfillment processing for client requests for work stations, mobile devices and telephone services.
- Escalate incidents and requests that cannot be resolved within agreed timescales or capabilities.
- Communicate incident and request status to others.
- Record, route and track service requests until they are fulfilled.
- Integrate knowledge management databases and repositories for call agent access.
- Ensure requests for standard services are appropriately authorized and fulfill orders for standard services.
- Support upgrades to work station hardware and software configurations to newer versions.
- Through remote access, make configuration changes to workstations when necessary.
- Provide back up support for PC Techs.
- Participate in on-call rotation support.
- Assist with special projects.
- Assist in maintaining procedures on department, area and corporate policies.
Associate’s degree required, preferably in Computer Science. 1 to 2 years of experience in an information technology environment required with proficiency in hardware and software troubleshooting; or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
Starting salary commensurate with qualifications. Excellent benefits and work environment.
Completion of the ACT National Career Readiness Certificate is recommended. Find a test site near you to register for the WorkKeys assessments. Finalists for this position will be subject to a pre-employment criminal background check as a condition of employment.
ACT is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in people and ideas. ACT participates in E-Verify . ACT's online position announcements are intended only to provide general descriptions of employment opportunities; none of the information provided for any position should be interpreted as a commitment by ACT to specific terms and conditions for employment.