Position Title: Store Associate — Springfield, IL
Position Type: Part Time
Reports To: Store Manager and District Store Manager
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
A Store Associate is responsible for maintaining Customer Service as per company standard, generating sales, obtaining or receiving merchandise, pricing, total bills, accept payment, computer/cash register operations, make change, housekeeping and loss prevention in adherence to all Company Policy/Store Standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Ensure each customer receives outstanding customer service by providing a customer friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of Customer Service.
· Maintain an awareness of all product knowledge information, merchandise promotions, sample merchandise and advertisements.
· Assist in store moves, stock shelves, counters or tables with merchandise, set up advertising displays and store housekeeping.
· Obtain merchandise requested by customer or receive merchandise selected by customer.
· Answer customer questions concerning location, price and use of merchandise.
· Accurately and efficiently complete all sales transactions and maintain proper cash in cash drawer. Accept payment and make change. Wrap or bag merchandise for customers.
· Communicate customer requests to management.
· Remove and record amount of cash in cash drawer at end of shift and make bank deposits.
· Adhere to all Company policies, procedures and practices including pricing and loss prevention.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); previous retail or customer service experience is preferred.
LANGUAGE and MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
Excellent communication skills in written and oral form. Ability to read and interpret documents such as policies, handbook and store manual. Ability to speak effectively with customers, employees and upper management. Ability to count and apply mathematical concepts (i.e. calculate figures and amounts when using percentages and fractions) quickly and accurately and complete necessary store paperwork.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Self directed with excellent organizational and time management skills. Self motivated team player with a positive attitude. Skill and ability to meet deadlines under stressful conditions. Skill and ability to operate a computer, use Microsoft Office and company software. Ability to work varied hours/days to oversee store operations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk on a level surface for long periods at a time, use hands and fingers to grasp, type, pick up and manipulate items. Proper lifting techniques are required. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. The employee is occasionally required to reach & pull with arms and hands. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, climb, reach above shoulder heights, below the waist or lift as required to file documents or store materials/product through out the work day. Specific vision activity required by this job includes close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data, view a computer terminal, reading, etc. and the ability to focus.
Qualified applicants may apply by submitting your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at www.lorealusa.com then careers and under vacancy reference type LUSA-026434. Please describe in your cover letter why you are applying for this position and why your current qualifications (i.e. education, skills, abilities, work habits and work experience) makes you a strong candidate.|
L’Oréal is world leader in beauty products.
Created in 1909 by Eugène Schueller, a visionary chemist with a tremendous entrepreneurial...