The Retail Associate is responsible for ensuring our customers have a
positive shopping experience. The Associate must actively strive to create
a customer-focused shopping environment. The Associate greets and responds
to all customers in a friendly manner, ensures proper merchandise presentation,
operates the cash register in accordance with policies and procedures, maintains
a clean work area at all times and treats fellow associates with respect. The Associate also provides customer service according to all Ross customer
service guidelines. The Associate may be required to assist in specialized
areas or functions in the store including but not limited to Cash Office, Front
End, Fitting Room, Stock Room, Fine Jewelry, Customer Service, Markdowns,
Recovery/Sizing, Cashiering etc. The Retail Associate is expected to be engaged
in these tasks as assigned during all working hours, and will be expected to
perform a range of functions in all areas of the store as business needs
require. The Associate may be requested to perform additional tasks in
specific situations, if performance of these tasks will help achieve our
customer service and operational goals.
Customer Service (60% of Time)
- Demonstrates respect, friendliness, and professionalism at
times. Understands Customer Service as a number one priority and responds
- Provides prompt and efficient responses to customers at all
to Customer Service calls immediately. Handles all customer issues in a
friendly and helpful way, calling a member of the Supervisory Staff when
sizing, ticketing and presentation are to company standards. This includes
- Takes accurate markdowns, counts and inventories as scheduled.
- Cross-performs in all assigned areas to ensure that merchandise
bringing new receipts to the sales floor with a sense of urgency, merchandising
all items to the monthly In-Store Marketing book and maintaining
merchandise/brand name familiarity within department assist customers.
- Performs daily recovery to ensure a neat, clean and organized
merchandise and answering questions in a polite and knowledgeable manner. Greets all customers with a smile and “hello” throughout the store
- Assists customers in any way necessary by cashiering, helping with
as well as saying “thank you” with every register transaction. Processes register transactions with a sense of urgency.
areas of Great People, Driving Great Contribution, Neat, Clean & Organized,
- Executes all operational best practices supporting the Ross Focus
Delivering the Treasure and Fast & Friendly Service.
Loss Prevention (Protection of Company Assets and Safety) (40% of
all interactions with associates and customers. Safeguards confidential
- As a representative of Ross, demonstrates integrity and honesty in
information, cash and credit card information, and merchandise.
sales floor to create a safe and secure shopping environment for everyone.
- Maintains a high level of awareness and customer contact on the
Highway and the SPS position.
- Understands the Loss Prevention Awareness program, the Shortage
customers. Reports any unsafe conditions or practices to store
- Maintains a safe working and shopping environment for Associates and
failure, fire, robbery etc.
- Understands and can implement all emergency procedures for power
of MOS merchandise, proper processing of each piece and the notification of
- Follows all Mark-Out-of-Stock policies, including the identification
store management to review and approve all disposals.
charge card and refund transactions, voids and offline procedures. Maintains a high level of awareness and accuracy when handling bankable
- Understands all policies and procedures concerning cash, check,
- Follows all policies related to associate purchases.
- Customer Service Focus • Values Diversity and
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Adaptability • Teamwork
- Communication Skills
Staff in a friendly, respectful, cooperative and pleasant manner.
- Effectively communicate with customers, associates and Supervisory
- Ability to use all store equipment, including PDTs, registers and PC
moving around the store.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking, and
reach, and stoop.
- Ability to regularly bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb, carry,
other assigned supplies.
- Ability to occasionally push, pull and lift more than 20 pounds.
- Ability to use janitorial equipment, rolling racks, ladders and
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations commonly used in
- Certain assignments may require other qualifications and
push, pull and lift more than 20 pounds.
- Associates who work stockroom shifts: Ability to regularly
Ross Stores - 11 months ago
Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes an incred...