A Network Support Engineer will be a support staff member primarily responsible for maintaining the operational integrity of the network infrastructure. Working in conjunction with members of Network Engineering, Systems Engineering, Security Engineering, and ASA project teams, a Network Support Engineer may also assist with projects related to the network infrastructure. A Network Support Engineer will be responsible for supporting the daily operations of the network infrastructure including troubleshooting any issues related or potentially related to the network.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (e.g., in order to be considered to perform this position, the person must be able to perform essential duties and responsibilities listed below):
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain operational integrity of network infrastructure.
- Install, configure, and support, all network devices, including routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, intrusion detection/prevention systems, proxies, and WAN optimizers.
- Monitor, validate, track, and analyze network capacity, performance, security, and uptime. Maintain high service levels for the ASA user community.
- Maintain ASA’s presence on the Internet, and maintain appropriate filters and security measures on ASA’s WAN/LAN connections using firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention, encryption methodologies, and other network and/or server based products.
- Provide problem resolution, review, and troubleshooting of the network infrastructure.
- Assist and contribute to cross-functional and network-specific projects
- Perform on-call duties and off-hours support when needed.
It is the responsibility of each associate at ASA to keep current with and apply all relevant company policies, regulations and laws impacting his/her area. This includes following standard operating procedures and complying with data privacy. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function listed above satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made in certain circumstances to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field preferred
- One or more years of professional network experience with ability to configure, troubleshoot, and support secure network infrastructures
- Network and security certifications a plus (CISSP, CCNA, CCDA, etc)
While the above is a description of the essential functions of the position, other duties, both related and unrelated to the above, may be assigned and therefore required. Unless otherwise specified in writing by ASA management, each associate is expected to perform his/her job at ASA headquarters at 100 Cambridge Street. All job descriptions are subject to change at the discretion of management, and every effort will be made, when possible, to communicate those changes to the associate.
- Strong knowledge of and experience supporting network devices, including routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, and proxies.
- Strong knowledge of and experience working with networking protocols (e.g. Ethernet, IP, TCP, UDP, HTTP, DNS, SMTP, NTP).
- Experience working with relevant operating systems (e.g. NX-OS, Cisco IOS, GNU/Linux, MS-Windows).
- Knowledge of network-security related technologies including encryption, PKI, IPsec, VPNs, and access-lists.
- Strong troubleshooting skills of computer networks. Good technical, analytical, and troubleshooting skills overall.
- Ability to contribute to large-scale projects and initiatives integrating solutions with network, system, and application management platforms.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally within an organization.
- Skills in Microsoft Office Suite including Visio.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Commitment to superior quality standards.
- Capable of multitasking and working under stress.
American Student Assistance - 17 months ago
Don't know how you're going to pay for college? You might want to consult ASA, ASAP. American Student Assistance is a private nonprofit...