The incumbent in this position will assist the Vice President of Business Ethics & Compliance with the implementation and maintenance of a coordinated and integrated Corporate Compliance Program at Intermountain Healthcare. Directs compliance related activity in a system-wide, corporate role, or act as a Regional Compliance Officer, having overall responsibility for compliance programs within a region of Intermountain Healthcare. In either role, in consultation with the Vice President of Business Ethics & Compliance, the incumbent will be required to exercise substantial independent decision-making and accountable to ensure compliance in an open-ended portfolio of complex responsibilities.
- Works with the Vice President of Compliance to develop and implement the overall department vision and strategy and ensures appropriate communication of the messages to employees and key stakeholders.
- Works with the Vice President of Compliance to identify, evaluate, develop and implement proactive compliance processes that will have system-wide impact and develops the related plans to assess and address the risk, and plans the implementation of compliance programs and processes at the project level.
- Lead efforts that support processes to identify and address compliance issues, investigation of compliance issues, and the implementation of compliance initiatives throughout the system.
- Manages the compliance program plans to ensure completion of projects while supervising the work and deliverables prepared by managers, senior, and staff compliance consultants to ensure quality, accuracy, compliance with department policies and procedures, and timeliness.
- Leads a team of individuals to meet department and individual objectives. Provides training, guidance, and formal and informal feedback to team members. Guides and assist team members to ensure that they lead their teams in an efficient and effective manner.
- Research, interpret, and direct the implementation of regulatory mandates, as needed. Assist with the development of training programs related to compliance issues. Assist in prioritizing compliance tasks based upon risk assessments. Meet with the Vice President of Business Ethics & Compliance, Corporate Compliance Department staff, regional/facility administration and personnel as needed. Assist in establishing compliance-monitoring methods. Provide administration and staff with compliance education as needed.
- Master’s Degree; Education is verified and degree must be obtained through an accredited institution
- Ten years experience working in a health care environment with responsibilities related to compliance and ethics issues
- Seven years experience in a role requiring critical thinking and problem solving, managing complex projects that overlap between several clinical and/or business areas and clearly communicating complex issues and concepts orally and in writing
- 5 years clinical experience
- Expert knowledge of health care regulations and compliance issues
- Expert knowledge of healthcare charging, billing, and reimbursement principles
- Experience in a leadership role with responsibilities for managing others
- Experience working on projects with a team and filling various roles such as team member, facilitator, leader, etc, and with training and presenting information to others
- Experience effectively and confidentiality advising and interacting with all levels of an organization
- Experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet and e-mail and scheduling applications
- Speaking, hearing / listening, seeing, manual dexterity
- Clinical experience as a Registered Nurse
- Knowledge of Intermountain structure, operations, policies, and procedures
- Experience in hospital operations
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...