In order to be considered for employment at Merchants Bank, we need to receive a cover letter and resume from candidates.
Our online application system will allow you to upload one document. You may wish to combine your resume and cover letter into one document to upload. Thank you!
This position is full time located in South Burlington, VT.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Primarily and directly responsible for business development (marketing into portfolio, target marketing - new business, officer call program, centers of influence); credit analysis (preliminary and final ); overdraft decisions ; portfolio administration (renewals, credit ratings, delinquencies, site visits, monitoring of credit/annual reviews); advisory capacity to branches (regional market development); public relations ; training of sales support group (customer service, document and credit file administration, loan closings, problem solving). Secondarily responsible for networking, cross-selling of non-commercial products and services (Trust, retail products and services), sales and service of consumer credit (residential mortgages, Homelines).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND OBJECTIVES:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Actively manage portfolio of commercial relationships. Aim toward business retention and cross-selling of existing customers (share of business and personal wallet). Aim toward optimizing overall profitability of the portfolio, utilizing "Bankview" tool for analysis, tracking and decision making. Make officer calls on existing relationships.
- Actively develop new relationships in assigned market area. Target businesses, institutions, organizations, individuals, and centers of influence for pro-active messages and sales follow through. Provide commercial sales leadership, assistance and advice to area Branch Presidents in order to promote a commercial sales environment within the area branches.
- Collect and review corporate and personal financial information necessary for analysis of existing and prospective loan customers. Conduct preliminary credit analysis before submitting to Credit Administration for drafting of Loan Approval Report (LAR) or write LAR. Review and approve LARs when finalized.
- Conduct and oversee ongoing portfolio administration, including daily overdraft decisions, the timely processing of renewals (including collecting and reviewing financials), monitoring and maintaining accuracy of credit ratings, documentation exceptions, delinquencies, covenant compliance, site visits and performing annual reviews.
- Provide training, support, and oversight to Corporate Banking Administrators in the areas of customer service, loan and credit file administration, loan closings (preparation, meeting management, and follow-up), documentation exceptions and cross-selling.
- Provide training, support and oversight to Corporate Banking Officer I, if supported by one. Act as mentor in developing the CBO I knowledge and relationships that will allow smooth transition into becoming a CBO II.
- Professional credentials include: four year bachelors degree; minimum three years demonstrated achievement in one of - corporate financial management, corporate general management, corporate marketing management, commercial banking credit origination/administration, commercial banking branch/regional management; financial certifications combined with track record of production/growth in financial services sales considered as alternative experience.
- Selling experience and demonstrated effectiveness in managing multiple commercial relationships. Willingness to actively engage customers and new business prospects in pursuit of portfolio growth. Solid customer service ethic leading to business retention and growth of existing relationships.
- Commercial lending skills a requirement for long-term effectiveness in position. Bank provides training in fundamentals, with strong support of credit skills development by Credit Department. Individual responsible for development and strength of a profitable, risk contained, and sound lending practice in market area.
- Ability to comprehend and practice sound banking procedures and operations in a regulated environment. Effectiveness in blending an assertive sales culture with financial safety and soundness in accordance with MB loan policy and general policy guidelines. Cross-train in all aspects of commercial sales, including products and services.
- Aptitude and demonstrated proficiency in use of computer technology. Willingness to personally master use of electronic products and services bank offers in the marketplace.
Merchants Bank VT
- 2 years ago - save job