Duties & Responsibilities:|
Responsible for the engineering activities which provide for safe, reliable and efficient design, fabrication and use of nuclear fuel for EntergyÂ¿s PWR fleet. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for reload project management as well as all activities associated with the provision and transportation of fuel, including contract negotiations, contract management.
- Responsible for maintaining the fuel reliability program, performing fuel mechanical engineering design reviews, performing engineering evaluations of the fuel fabrication processes and technical assistance to fabrication oversight activities.
- Responsible for fuel cycle and core design including strategic fuel designs evaluations. Maintain detailed core models to support site Reactor Engineering or other plant functions.
- Responsible for maintaining reactor physics, fuel criticality and vessel fluence methods expertise, supporting the analytical and design bases on which each plant was licensed. Providing analyses capabilities or technical oversight of contracted analyses in these areas.
- Employs barriers such that neither an unplanned criticality nor a fuel failure due to exceeding design limits occurs.
- PWR reload and physics support activities.
- Ensuring that engineering work is performed and programs implemented consistent with defined standards. Ensure that fleet lessons learned and good practices are implemented.
- B.S. Degree in Nuclear Engineering, or other closely related scientific discipline / physical science generally associated with power plant operations with at least 2 years of experience in Reactor Engineering, Safety Analysis, or Fuel Engineering; or Equivalent Experience. (Equivalent Experience is defined as demonstrated success at the Engineer / Technical Specialist level.).
- 0 to 8 years experience in nuclear power design, operations, or equivalent, depending upon engineering level.
- Good to excellent communication skills and experience / proficiency in PC use and applications, depending upon engineering level.
- MasterÂ¿s Degree in Engineering or Business Administration.
- Experience in Reactor Engineering, Safety Analysis, Fuel Engineering or other Engineering Discipline.
- SRO license or certification on a PWR or BWR.
- Professional Engineering license.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company.
Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Entergy Corporation - 23 months ago