Lead the architecture and delivery of Infrastructure solutions for CTIs clients, acting as the project focal point for Data Management projects while contributing insight and guidance to other interdependent groups. Demonstrate command of broad project issues with extensive hands-on involvement and ability to adapt to changes and influence direction. Develop an in-depth understanding of the clients infrastructure and functional needs and organize and manage execution of work as an individual or team-lead working on small to large size projects with up to a high level of complexity. Mentors less experienced staff engaged at other clients. Serve as pre-sales expert to impress prospects as needed. Participates in defining CTI Infrastructure processes and procedures. Responsible for best practices related to systems engineering. Work with minimal supervision. Work directly with the client and travel to the client site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Essential Education, Skills, and Environment:
- Lead the infrastructure requirements analysis, design, implementation and planning process for Data Management projects including storage architecture , data protection, and data security. Perform hands-on tasks as required, typically in areas of high complexity. Provide technical architecture guidance to CTI, including contractors and customer project staff.
- Be the project focal point with client management and ensure successful delivery with high customer satisfaction
- Lead small teams with responsibility for task delegation, supervision and status reporting. Manage team to meet plan and budget hours with high customer satisfaction.
- Mentor less experienced co-workers working on other projects, guiding their approach and formally assessing and recommending appropriate training and professional development
- Support pre-sales activities as needed
Through iterative discussions with the customer and other experts structure and document solutions to customer problems including write Statements of Work
- Persuade customers to adopt CTI solutions, including projects, services, and products.
- While delivering customer solutions identify additional customer needs and projects
- Write white papers and best practices papers
- Understand and adhere to all confidentiality and security policies
- Ensure time is entered into CTI project accounting system in a timely manner
- Flexibility to travel as business dictates
Education and Work Experience:
Specialized knowledge and Skills:
- B.S. degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Eight plus years experience with infrastructure design and with a thorough understanding of production data center operational procedures.
- Experience working in a consulting capacity is a plus.
- Strong proficiency in data management infrastructure utilizing products provided from vendors such as such as NetApp, Symantec, Quantum, HP, IBM, and Oracle.
- Strong proficiency of development methodologies, QA fundamentals, and project management
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Strong communication and client-facing skills
Corporate Technologies, Inc. - 19 months ago