Strand Union Food Services consists of the Union Market, Avogadro's, Bobcat Court, Sweetshop, Freshens, SRO, The Brewed Awakening, Catering and Concessions. We strive to provide pleasant and profitable eating establishments to the University community.
Under supervision of the Executive Chef, the Cook II is a working Lead Cook position mainly stationed at the Union Market Grill and oversees all breakfast and lunch production at the Grill, Union Express and The Chicken Strip areas. The Cook II works the front line to provide excellent and consistent customer service and short order cooking as required. Primary duties include: prepping of menu items; working to produce breakfast and lunch foods (cooking, frying, steaming, grilling, baking); end of day close up for Express and The Chicken Strip, cleaning and sanitation activities; recipe management (expansion or reduction and creation of new recipes); supervision and training of student staff; and inventory management and control including forecasting of necessary foods to thaw.
Please respond to EACH required and preferred qualification listed below by summarizing how your work experience and training relates to each of them. Specific examples should be included to aid the search committee in evaluating your qualifications.
1. High school graduation or G.E.D. plus two years full-time (or part-time equivalent) institutional or high volume restaurant food service experience including front line customer service and short order cooking or an equivalent combination of education and experience .
2. Demonstrated knowledge of food preparation and cooking techniques, as well as experience operating and troubleshooting large scale commercial food service equipment.
3. Experience with recipe management; preparing and cooking a wide variety of menu items; short order cooking, and inventory control.
4. Experience working as a lead worker supervising, training, assigning and monitoring the work of others.
1. Experience in a multi-venue university or college food service.
The successful candidate will also have the ability to : perform the duties listed in the above description and efficiently operate work equipment; solid understanding of food service and how it operates; monitor work area(s) and assign staff appropriately to ensure excellent customer service; excellent communication skills; prepare a wide variety of recipes in mass quantity; ability to follow and train to instructions and procedures; follow health and sanitation guidelines for food preparation and handling; maintain an exemplary attendance record; consistently exercise initiative and good judgment; prioritize and organize workload; have excellent attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness; adapt to changing priorities; establish and maintain effective working relations with co-workers and the public in a team-oriented environment; conduct work in a pleasant professional manner; and represent the department to others in a professional and courteous manner.
1. In accordance with MSU policy, hiring will be conditional upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
2. Position duties require standing for long periods of time.
3. Moving and lifting containers weighing up to 50 lbs.
4. Working in an environment that may exceed 90 degrees.
**Shift is Monday - Friday, 6:00am - 2:30pm. Shift may change dependent on departmental need.
Applications must be received by 5:00 pm, February 1, 2013. Applications will not be accepted after the deadline.
To apply, please submit the following application materials:
The MSU Application Cover Sheet. Download the MSU Application Cover Sheet and pertinent application information by clicking here MSU Classified Employment Application .
Written responses to the Required and Preferred qualifications listed above.
Employment History or Resume
At least three (3) supervisory/professional references with contact information (most recent/current supervisor preferred.
Electronic submissions in Word or PDF are highly preferred but hard copies will be accepted. An original signature on the MSU Application Cover Sheet is required via scanned PDF, fax, or hardcopy original to the address below. Submit materials to: Submit materials to: Kerri Marx Montana State University Auxiliary Services - Miller Dining Hall P.O. Box 172080 Bozeman, MT 59717-2080 email@example.com
Please e-mail or call Search Committee Contact at 406-994-6468 with any questions. Fax at 406-994-6488.
Founded in 1893, Montana State University - Bozeman has a national and international reputation for its excellence in undergraduate and...