Spread Your Wings
We are the duck. We inspire and are inspired, listen and respond, empower our people, give back to our community, and most importantly, celebrate every success along the way. We do it all ... The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best known brands. Aflac has been recognized by Fortune magazine as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in America for the fourteenth consecutive year in January 2012 and as one of America's Most Admired Companies for the eleventh year in March 2012.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself—are you the duck? If so, there’s a home—and a flourishing career—for you at Aflac.
It’s not what you can do; it’s what you will do. At Aflac IT, we get things done. As the support behind Aflac’s corporate operations, sales force, and business partners, Aflac IT employees not only benefit from this philosophy, but help carry it out. Just as Aflac has changed the insurance industry, Aflac IT will forever alter the way health care benefits reach people who need them most. And that’s something we can all be proud of.
Sr. Application Developer
Develops, maintains, and integrates application software, related project management activity, and production support; works closely with internal and external clients, business analysts, and team members to understand business requirements; develops and integrates application software, including unit testing and implementation efforts; continues to maintain and support software after implementation
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Works on multiple projects at a time as a member of each project team, often as a project leader
- Works on enterprise-wide small and large complex projects that require the highest level of expertise; participates on project teams, systems and data analysis, design, development, integration, and enhancement activities, as well as related maintenance and more complex production support
- Defines and develops the project scope of multiple complex projects with assistance from the project team and serves as the project point of contact when necessary
- Provides technical leadership and mentoring to application development teams
- Leads and/or participates in project-planning sessions with clients, business analysts, and team members to analyze development requirements, provide design recommendations for complex systems, and recommend methods and assignments
- Tests and implements cross-functional systems, ensuring system meets the needs of client and business
- Provides ongoing maintenance of mainframe and/or client/server applications or tools, depending upon previous involvement with projects
- Handles unresolved production support issues across multiple areas of expertise
- Provides design recommendations, develops application and custom integration solutions, including major enhancements and interfaces; writes complex design specifications
- Makes complex modifications to existing software applications and modules in accordance with high specifications and division standards; reviews effort to ensure compliance to application standards
- Develops new cross-functional software systems using disciplined software development processes; makes recommendations toward the development of reusable routines or components, including object-oriented base class reuse
- Translates business and technical requirements into cross-functional business application systems, providing custom integration solutions, including major system enhancements; collaborates in setting development guidelines
- Prepares and presents status updates for various projects; serves as an individual contributor or technical lead
- On-call duties required as needed
- Performs other duties as required
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in programming/systems or computer science (preferred), specialized training, certification, and at least six or more years of programming/systems analysis experience; or at an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Microsoft MCSD (Certified Solutions Developer) (preferred for Distributed Developers)
- Experience and understanding of multiple programming languages, systems, as well as systems and data design and project management methodologies (required)
Action Oriented, Adaptability, Customer Service, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust, Listening
Aflac is known for treating our employees exceptionally well. As one of the leaders in the insurance industry, we’re able to offer one of the most comprehensive health benefits packages available in corporate America, including free coverage from one of our pioneering insurance products, the Aflac Cancer policy. Our employees also enjoy a host of other benefits, including advancement opportunities, opportunities for continued education and professional development, merit increases and performance bonuses, profit-sharing 401(k), pension, stock purchase plans, and many more.
Aflac - 6 months ago
Would you buy insurance from a duck? Aflac counts on it! To soften the financial stresses during periods of disability or illness, Aflac sel...