Position : Software Engineer Summer Intern
Looking for a highly motivated candidate who is interested in working on leading edge Unified Communications Server Side Applications with knowledge in Web Design and Development using HTML5, GWT and Java. Experience with JBossAS, Eclipse IDE, and working with automated frameworks like Junits is extremely desirable.
Responsibilities: Intern will be required to :
- learn from an assigned Avaya Mentor on the project
- ramp up on Software Development Tools and Environment for the Server side project
- learn to use tools including Eclipse, GIT, JIRA and MAVEN
- Understand the application objective and design
- assist in implementing the Low Level Design for the application in required areas (browser front end and back end including utility functions).
- Write asynchronous HTML5 code to invoke HTTP/RESTful APIs
- Write unit tests for code at a method, class, package level to verify the functionality within the application.
- Exercise the Automation test tools developed in-house in order to increase code coverage will be required.
- Follow code quality practices
- Learn how to build and deploy the application on Linux RHEL Servers.
- Demonstrate the features and functionality in the application
- Run Test Suites for testing the application using the automation developed
- Document work performed using design documents and unit test plans
Required Skills: Java 1.7, JEE 5/6, HTML5, GWT, Linux and Shell Scripting, Junit Framework Knowledge, HTTP/RESTful Web Services
Desired Skills: JBossAS v7.1 Perl, SOAP, JMeter
Avaya - 23 months ago
Avaya helps to tie the corporate world together. The company's communication equipment and software integrate voice and data services...