Disaster Reserve Public Affairs Manager
(Per Diem position)
• On a relief operation the manager provides direction, coordination and administrative support while leading a diverse team of supervisors including affected chapter workers and will motivate team building by providing appropriate support, feedback and recognition.
• Will formulate and implement fundraising strategy and manage and coordinate fundraising activities required to meet the cost of a disaster relief operation. Ability to make major gift (up to 7 figures) asks to donors. .
• Build effective internal and external relationships with units and individuals who can support work related goals. Determine and achieve enhanced capacity, improved donor relations and higher visibility for the affected chapters within the assigned area during the course of the assignment.
• Monitor and correct staff performance and service delivery performance and to manage conflict. Identify problems and take necessary action to ensure flow and service delivery are not impacted.
• Other duties as assigned.
The American Red Cross is an AA / EOE/M / F / D / V / SO Employer.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent years of relevant work experience in lieu of degree and three (3) years work experience.
- Other requirements include proven skills in public affairs with experience in emergency operations center environment.
- Must have good analytical and strong communication (written and verbal) skills;
- strong computer skills; knowledge of social media; excellent interpersonal skills;
- the ability to work independently, negotiate compromise, and ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Must be flexible and adaptable in various situations and work settings, including weather conditions, cultures, and geographic areas for extended periods of time.
- Must meet all of the DSHR Physical Capacity Grid requirements and may not have any hardship code restrictions.
- Fluency in second language desired.
American Red Cross - 19 months ago
The humanitarian mission of the American Red Cross connects us to people and communities across the nation and around the world. The common...