Are you dedicated to great customer service, have basic math skills, and enjoy working with the public? Duties include: cash handling, customer service, rotating merchandise and keeping the store clean. Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and be available evenings & weekends. Part-Time ( 32 hours) with benefits.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION:
POSITION TITLE: Sales Cashier/ Associate
1. CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB: Under the general direction of the store manager, performs responsibilities to maximize sales and enhance a positive image of Goodwill in the community.
2. PROVIDES SUPERVISION TO: None.
3. RESPONSIBILITIES - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Maintain the highest customer service standards at all times. This includes: Greet all customers; maintain a friendly, helpful attitude; handle customer needs in a courteous manner; answer phones in a professional manner; answer questions accurately; direct calls to the appropriate staff member; assist customer in locating and/or selecting merchandise.
• Operate the cash register accurately, according to cash handling and related policies including collecting payment and making change. Be aware of merchandise pricing and categories.
• Maintain the sales floor and inventory in a clean, neat and properly displayed manner. Put away all merchandise that accumulates in fitting rooms and at checkout counters. Stock shelves and racks as merchandise is moved from production area to sales floor. Rotate stock per policy.
• Assist trainees or community service workers under the direction of the manager.
• Refer customer complaints to the store manager.
• Be alert to security and loss prevention and inform manager of potential or current problems.
• Maintain sales floor in a safe condition at all times. Report any problems to the manager immediately.
• May make bank deposits in the absence of Third Key Associate.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred; basic math skills required.
• Ability to work cooperatively with supervisors, co-workers, consumers, volunteers and other agency personnel.
• The ability to maintain productivity while unsupervised.
• Willingness to learn and exercise retail merchandising and selling techniques.
• Ability to communicate effectively in person and on the telephone.
• Ability to read and write in English.
• Must reflect and maintain a positive, friendly attitude and a clean, neat appearance.
• Ability to determine types of discounts and accurately operate a cash register.
5. WORK ENVIRONMENT: Exposure to low level noise. Temperate climate. Overhead lighting. Interaction with the general public.
6. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Continuous bending, lifting, stretching with mobility throughout the store. Frequent to continuous fine finger movement to operate cash register. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Continuous speech and visual skills required.
7. IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Store Manager