As part of the SNC-Lavalin group of companies, SNC-Lavalin T & D designs, develops, and delivers engineering, including system planning and studies, procurement, and construction solutions for high voltage power transmission line and substation projects North America and abroad.
SNC-Lavalin T & D has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Manager, PMO. This position is responsible for applying standard PMO methods and tools on projects being executed by the T & D business unit. The PMO Manager will work closely with multi discipline teams, measuring KPI’s and operational metrics.
Accountabilities for the Manager, PMO are:
Qualifications for the position include:
- Work with project teams to setup and maintain standard “best practice” project methods and tools.
- Provide guidance and training on these methods and tools.
- Manage standard project configurations, templates and models.
- Optimize processes, work flow and tools.
- Develop and maintain procedures, documentation & training materials.
- Act as divisional liaison with corporate teams on improvements to project methodology and tools.
- Accountable to ensure that all employees in the group are properly qualified and trained to perform their work.
- Establishing and implementing improvements to existing methods and procedures.
- Planning, assigning and checking the quality of work of team members.
- Performance management.
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of 8 years experience in Project Management in an EPC/ EPCM environment.
- Strong client focus, initiative, and ability manage change and achieve results / closure.
- Strong ability to establish, apply & manage standard (best) practices and procedures.
- Outgoing with strong ability to meet and communicate effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- Excellent knowledge and ability to work with large enterprise software systems and databases.
- Knowledge of PM+, PDM and other SNC project management tools would be an asset.
- Excellent skills in MS Office.
- Occasional travel may be required.
As our revenues reach record highs, and our projects bring home some of the most prestigious prizes in the world, there has never been a better time to join our team. Now more than ever, SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field.
If you are looking for a dynamic work environment, competitive employment conditions, and an opportunity to test your abilities, we invite you to blend your talent with our know-how, and help us shape the future of engineering. Please submit your resume along with a cover letter.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world and a major player in the ownership of...