Posting date: February 10, 2013
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Directs the activities of the combined supply chain team which consist of:
The Forecasting & Master Scheduling function is responsible for both long term (12 month) and short term (13 week) forecasting and build schedule planning using a combination of sales demand inputs and supply constraints to construct plans that support the needs of the business unit. The Production Sourcing & Purchasing function sources the uninterrupted global supply of direct and indirect materials and services including but not limited to; raw materials, packaging materials, OEM finished goods and MRO. The Production Planning function uses marketing and sales forecasts and historical order trends to create production plans to achieve site and business unit revenue, customer service, and lean productivity goals. The Supply Chain design and execution management function is responsible for the design and analysis of different, end to end, supply chain alternatives for the business unit as well as the monitoring and management of supply chain operation to ensure efficient transformation and movement of products and services. Individual details of these duties and responsibilities are noted below:
- Forecasting & Master Scheduling function,
- Production Sourcing & Purchasing function,
- Production Planning function,
- Supply Chain design and execution management function.
Specific Scope Data
- Establish and institute a master schedule and master scheduling process that satisfies shipping requirements in the most cost efficient manner for sites and the business unit.
- Lead planning of new product introductions, product end of life ramp downs, and service life requirements on all matters related to material availability and exposure.
- Establishes capacity requirements, monitors efficiency and utilization, and recommends changes in resource deployment in the supply chain (both internal and external).
- Translate marketing and sales forecasts and historical order trends into a production plan to achieve company revenue goals, customer service goals, and lean productivity goals. Assure component and capacity availability.
- Leads the Molecular business unit operations sales & inventory operations planning (SIOP) process/meetings.
- Manages working capital (Inventory) levels to achieve or surpass financial goals (site & business unit)
- Develops quarterly manufacturing production plan, long term capacity, and inventory receipt projections and communicates with all manufacturing operation personnel and the business unit.
- Management of the Purchasing team consisting of buyers, buyer/planners, and or commodity leaders which handle the daily orders, expediting and internal customer service related to incoming materials.
- Use and management of the SAP MRP system to execute all material purchase agreements and transitions for the business unit. Management and maintenance of supplier information, material data, and cost/price data in the ERP/MRP systems to ensure correct and accurate transactions and reporting.
- Manage suppliers and construct agreements to acquire materials and services on time and complete, from approved global suppliers at competitive costs as required to support the operations and improve the profit position of all Molecular Operations.
- Effectively lead, develop, and enable the global purchasing/sourcing organization to achieve strategic objectives. In coordination with Divisional/Corporate Sourcing team, execute projects and plans to achieve annual sourcing savings goals and build a more effective and efficient global supply chain for the business unit.
- Manage major projects as assigned and the ability to manage projects with multiple sites across various functions with a global perspective.
- Design and analyze supply chain models and scenarios for the different products and sites within the business unit to ensure the implementation and maintenance of the most efficient supply chain possible.
Own Inventory performance and goal obtainment for the business unit
- Supervises a staff of 15 to 25 professionals with one or more supervisor.
- Schedules over $150 million of production annually.
- Coordinate material planning and purchasing activities with supply chain organization.
- Participate in the lean process design for the Madison Operation.
- Identifies and recommends obsolesce actions at budged levels.
- Manages department budgets to AOP levels.
- Owns supplier management and supplier communication for the business unit.
- Works in conjunction with the divisional sourcing teams and corporate sourcing teams to best select and manage supplier and the supply chain for the business unit.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- BS in business or technical oriented field. Masters degree preferred.
- 5-8 years experience in Purchasing, Sourcing, or Supply Chain Management preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in forecasting and scheduling (sales, inventory, and operations planning) preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience with SAP and MRP systems preferred.
- Experience in the management of global supply chains required. Experience working with suppliers in the major countires and regions of the world (China, USA, East Europe, Europe, South America)
- Experience with New Product Development or New Product Introduction with a focus on Design for Manufacturing and the transition from development to manufacturing.
- Experience in a Lean Manufacturing environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Communication: Demonstrates maturity in dealing with conflict etc.; superior communication skills including listening, verbal and written
- Strategic capability: Demonstrates ability to envision the optimal global sourcing strategy and critical success factors internally and externally needed to achieve.
- Building Teamwork : Demonstrates support of department mission by maintaining favorable relationships with peers, subordinates, suppliers and customers
- Adaptability: Flexible, adjust readily to new situations while effectively dealing with ambiguity, stress and uncertainty. Able to leverage knowledge of BPP operations and develop solutions to complex issues
- Customer focus: Proven service oriented attitude under all situations; develops and maintains solid overall understanding of Procurement policies and programs
- Superior negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical capability as well as attention to detail.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
- Demonstrated Role Model Leader Characteristics:
- Embody the 4-I values
- Delight customers
- Communicate openly and honestly
- Focus on growth
- Champion employee development
Thermo Fisher Scientific - 9 months ago
Whether for research, analysis, discovery, or diagnostics, Thermo Fisher Scientific gets the laboratory ready to assist mankind. Created...