Billing Specialist must have effective communications skills.
This position requires a large degree of interfacing with coworkers, clinic personnel, patients, and insurance representatives.
Needs to be highly self-motivated and career minded.
Each Billing Specialist is assigned the responsibility of working accounts and keeping the account receivables within department standards.
The Billing Specialist needs to have the ability to multi-task effectively in a fast paced environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monthly creation of billable charges for designated patients
- Monthly claims billing; follow-up, re-billing, secondary billing and correction billing of claims
- Collection process for account balances
- Updating patients file records
- Complete adjustment transaction forms
- Maintain good communication link with each patient's home-clinic personnel
- Account aging balances; insurance verifications, referrals and authorization
- Aging balances must be kept within acceptable collection standards.
Interpersonal skills/expectations include: Excellent communication skills.
Organization skills/expectations include: Attention to detail is a must.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Associates degree preferred, but not required. A minimum of 2 years relevant experience in medical billing.