Kinross is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in Canada, the United States, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Russia, Ghana and Mauritania, employing over 8,000 people worldwide.
Kinross Round Mountain is an open pit mining operation located in Nye County, Nevada. Round Mountain is proud to have earned commendations for its safety and environmental initiatives.
Under the supervision of the Metallurgy and the Control Process Superintendent, the Senior Process Control Engineer will be responsible for to improve process efficiency through designing, developing, installing, managing and maintaining equipment that is used to monitor and control mill, crusher, heap-leach, ADR, refinery and gravity plants. The position will propose and introduce sound control systems. In addition, the Senior Process Control Engineer will coordinate with electricians, mechanics, metallurgists, and operations supervisors all maintenance, changes and improvements in the process.
Key Areas of Responsibility & Duties :
- Prepare, interpreted and revise instrumentation drawings including loop diagrams, P&IDs and PFDs.
- Develop, maintain and modify controls systems to optimize mill thru put and recoveries.
- Analyze and troubleshoot instrumentation systems, networks, Ronan density system and CIDRA and Rosemont flow-meters.
- Install, modify, maintain, assess and troubleshoot PLC and DCS.
- Work directly with vendors and contractors to facilitate Process Control System maintenance, upgrade, and expansion projects.
- Assess and troubleshoot Wonderware, Bailey, or any process software or system.
- Maintain updated any hardware, or software require to control de process
- Coordinate with IT department any hardware and software requirement.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills :
- A Bachelor's Degree in Process engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5-year experience required, including operating plant experience.
- The ability to perform sound engineering practice and principals.
- Has a high proficiency using computer applications.
- A thorough understanding of computer modeling.
- A thorough understanding of ore processing, instrumentation and control
Miningjobs4u - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -