Chicago Family Health Center (CFHC), founded in 1977, is a Federally Qualified Health Center providing quality primary medical, dental, behavioral health, and social support programs to medically underserved and uninsured residents living in far south and southeast parts of Chicago in Cook County, Illinois. With a total population of 375,195, the CFHC primary service area comprises eleven Chicago Community Areas including South Chicago, Roseland, Pullman, South Deering, East Side, West Pullman, Riverdale, Auburn Gresham, Chicago Lawn, West Lawn, and West Englewood. Thirty-six years ago, CFHC’s staff of five served 400 patients in a small South Chicago storefront. Today, CFHC provides comprehensive primary healthcare to 29,000 patients through 111,000 visits. CFHC services are utilized primarily by low-income African American and Latino families living on the far south side of Chicago. Cultural sensitivity, competency and diversity training are essential for all CFHC staff and inform our efforts to provide accessible and affordable healthcare to every patient.
We are seeking a Development & Communications Coordinator to join our External Affairs team. The Development & Communications Coordinator is responsible for developing and executing CFHC’s fundraising and communications strategies under the direction of the Senior Director of External Affairs. The Coordinator oversees special events, communications activities, donor database management, gift acknowledgements and donor recognition. This position acts as liaison to donor groups and external groups in the planning and execution of fundraising activities.
• Support the planning and execution of small- and large-scale cultivation/stewardship/fundraising events throughout the year
• Coordinate logistics, organize and maintain a system to track and report on event details, including but not limited to event timelines, vendor relations, and event RSVPs, event revenue and budget details
• Assist in the production of event collateral materials (print and electronic)
• Help lead the coordination of the mailing process for event materials as well as any follow-up correspondence to attendees
• Confirm donor recognition for event and print materials
• Explore, evaluate and leverage emerging social media opportunities and tools to help strengthen CFHC branding, outreach and fundraising activities
• Develop, refine, and execute an effective plan for social media platforms for all Development activities including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and other e-communications, and work with other Development and Communications staff to determine social media needs and calendars
• Create and maintain action steps, timelines, goals and evaluation for all social media activities
• Draft, format and distribute content for all e-communications, including, but not limited to e-newsletters sent through Constant Contact, as well as updates to the CFHC website and intranet
• Coordinate with Communications Manager to maintain consistent branding of electronic and printed materials
• Maintain donor/prospect information in the Raiser's Edge (RE) database and other electronic records, including record creation and updating
• Oversee data entry in RE with updated information gathered from appeals and events in a timely manner and review for accuracy
Mandatory Job Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in Communications, Liberal Arts or Social Services and prior experience in event, project and volunteer management.
• The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, able to take initiative and be extremely detail-oriented.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member in a very fast-paced work environment.
• Ability to work on a variety of tasks and projects while prioritizing and meeting multiple, often concurrent deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
• Experience working across departments as well as with staff at a variety of levels to meet objectives and broader organizational needs.
• Experience with social media platforms in a professional setting, including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
• Excellent writing and editing skills, and experience in drafting content for social media.
• Experience managing and organizing mail, phone and personal gift solicitations.
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), and fundraising databases (Raiser's Edge preferred). Ability to learn and master other computer technology/software programs as needed.
• Must be able to process, protect and exercise discretion in handling confidential information and materials.
NPO.net - 15 months ago