About Banner Churchill Community Hospital
Located in Fallon, Nev., Banner Churchill Community Hospital is a 40-bed licensed hospital offering the most comprehensive array of medical services in rural northern Nevada. We provide comprehensive and emergency care, including an ambulance service that covers more than 5,900 square miles. This makes us one of only two hospital-operated paramedic/EMT/EMS providers in northern Nevada. Our location in Fallon – a short drive from both Reno and Lake Tahoe – offers a wealth of lifestyle advantages, including rustic, rural charm, along with a recreational wonderland of outdoor sports, such as boating, fishing, hiking, biking, skiing, hunting, horseback riding and off-roading.
About Banner Health
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media and is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health and recommend the following options:
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
- Banner Health Careers
This position is responsible for a high level of technical knowledge and application of that knowledge to department testing, clinical relevance, and complex problem solving skills. This position serves as a department resource, and is responsible for assisting with department compliance with all pertinent laboratory accrediting agency and regulatory requirements (e.g., CLIA ’88, JCAHO, CAP, OSHA).
- Utilizes leadership skills to organize and perform patient testing and facilitate overall function of the lab. Ensures quality results through the use and evaluation of control materials, proper instrument maintenance, and collection and analysis of appropriate samples.
- Evaluates waived, moderately complex and highly complex test results and provides clinical expertise to patient care staff in interpretation of results and/or complex lab problems.
- Recognizes abnormal results or unusual circumstances and takes appropriate actions. Utilizes available resources to maintain and fix instruments and assist other laboratory personnel in resolving issues.
- Identifies current professional and technical issues and their impact on lab practices.
- Maintains appropriate accreditation as required by regulatory agencies. Provides input into developing new methods and instruments. Maintains current knowledge and skills applicable to job assignment through continuing education or professional organizations.
- Orders and maintains inventory of testing supplies in designated area. Recognizes and provides input for opportunities for improvements in financial performance.
- May provide input into hiring, orientation, educational needs, performance reviews and disciplinary functions of other laboratory personnel.
Students may be hired at the job title equivalent to their future certification under the following conditions: Student is enrolled in a clinically recognized program (MLS), Student’s Clinical rotation in the core area must be completed prior to working in that core area and Student must complete program and pass certification test within one year of hire. Where no certification is available a Bachelor’s Degree with two years experience is required.
MLS/ASCP certification or equivalent. (Equivalent is defined as ASCP, AMT, HEW, AAB.) If no current U.S. certification, it must be obtained within one year. Individuals with specialty certification may only work in the discipline of their specialty. A current license in state practiced as required by state law.
Demonstrates excellent problem solving skills, and high level of self-motivation. Communicates effectively in oral and written formats sufficient to demonstrate comprehension. Use of mathematics, performance of detailed work; working with frequent interruptions, multi-tasking, problem solving, and memorization, Ability to take direction and assimilate instructions quickly.
Basic computer skills are required.
Bachelor's Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science preferred. Specialty certification in department’s area and Bachelor’s degree in a chemical or biological science preferred with exceptional skills and highly developed interpersonal skills.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Banner Health - 17 months ago
If you thrive on change and you’re looking to be part of the future of health care, you belong at Banner Health.