The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to increasing the scale and effectiveness of impact investing. Impact investments are investments made into companies, organizations, and funds with the intention to generate social and environmental impact alongside a financial return. Impact investments can be made in both emerging and developed markets, and target a range of returns from below market to market rate, depending upon the circumstances. The GIIN addresses systemic barriers to effective impact investing by building critical infrastructure and developing activities, education, and research that attract more investment capital to poverty alleviation and environmental solutions.
ImpactBase is one of the GIIN’s four core program areas and provides critical market infrastructure for scaling impact investing. ImpactBase (www.impactbase.org) is an online global directory of impact investing funds created to reduce search costs and bring order to the fragmented impact investing marketplace. ImpactBase allows fund managers to increase visibility for their funds throughout the global impact investing community. Investors and advisors use ImpactBase to search for funds that may fit with their impact investment interests and objectives.
The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is looking to hire an Analyst on a temporary contract of approximately 4-5 months to support its activities. The Analyst will conduct market research and analysis to support the expansion of the ImpactBase (www.impactbase.org) initiative.
Specifically, the Analyst will engage in a sector and geography-based market scan to map the emerging markets private investment space. The Analyst will be expected to conduct a breadth of activities related to data capture and analysis, and research deliverables production, including:
• Interviewing asset managers, institutional investors, advisors and subject experts to broaden and deepen data coverage of asset managers in emerging and frontier markets
• Conducting extensive primary research, as well as, secondary research including but not limited to, literature review and inquiry of available deal platforms and asset manager databases
• Determine and employ research quality controls and selection criteria
• Producing high quality analysis and research products
The Analyst will work as an integral member of the ImpactBase team and with opportunities to engage with other GIIN team members and programs as required to execute the above activities.
The ImpactBase Analyst must have experience managing multiple tasks and projects, strong research and writing skills, experience in the financial industry, knowledge of the private equity sector, and be organized, collaborative, independent, and resourceful.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably relating to the financial industry or emerging markets development, with strong academic achievement
• Demonstrable interest in the practice of impact investing
• Analyst or Associate level work experience in investment banking (particularly with a capital markets or financial sponsors group), sell-side research, management consulting, investment management or related fields
• Demonstrable knowledge and familiarity with financial instruments, private equity and venture capital knowledge preferred.
• Experience working in or familiarity with international development and the development of small and medium-sized enterprises (SME) in developing countries
• Experience working independently and demonstrable abilities to learn quickly, be self-starter, and engage with a fast-paced team
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Excel or Access, and/or online/cloud-based CRM or data management software
• Detail-oriented, with high standards of performance
• Personable, engaging presence, with diplomacy, tact, and good humor
• Proactive approach to solving problems
Candidates located in New York, NY will be preferred and will be offered workspace at the GIIN. Competitive candidates proposing to work independently from other locations may be considered.
The GIIN will arrange a fixed-term contract with the selected candidate with compensation based on experience and the opportunity for additional incentive-based compensation.
Email resume and cover letter to Laurie Rud at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, October 26th. The GIIN, operating under the fiscal sponsorship of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors (RPA), is an equal opportunity employer. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so we strongly encourage early applications. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
New York City, NY, US
Omidyar Networks - 19 months ago